McInnis, a Republican, was the representative for Colorado’s 3rd congressional district from 1993 to 2004.
McInnis is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2004 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills McInnis sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
McInnis was the primary sponsor of 12 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 5051 (108th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1001 Williams Street in Ignacio, Colorado, as the “Leonard C. Burch Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 1904 (108th): Healthy Forests Restoration Act of 2003
- H.R. 1484 (108th): Southern Ute and Colorado Intergovernmental Agreement Implementation Act of 2003
- H.R. 1399 (108th): Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park and Gunnison Gorge National Conservation Area Boundary Revision Act of 2003
- H.R. 4111 (107th): Old Spanish Trail Recognition Act of 2002
- H.R. 4275 (106th): Colorado Canyons National Conservation Area and Black Ridge Canyons Wilderness Act of 2000
- H.R. 898 (106th): Spanish Peaks Wilderness Act of 1999
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
McInnis sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of McInnis’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5266 (108th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to encourage investment in ...
- H.R. 5142 (108th): Pitkin County Land Exchange Act of 2004
- H.R. 5051 (108th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
- H.R. 5052 (108th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
- H.R. 4700 (108th): White River National Forest Improvement Act of 2004
- H.Con.Res. 454 (108th): Commemorating over half a century of adjudication under the McCarran Amendment of ...
- H.R. 3777 (108th): Help Establish Access to Local Timely Healthcare for Your Vets (HEALTHY Vets) ...
From Jan 1993 to Dec 2004, McInnis missed 401 of 7,080 roll call votes, which is 5.7%. This is much worse than the median of 2.9% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2004. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: