Our unique analysis of the bills McInnis sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2004. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). McInnis is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
McInnis was the primary sponsor of 12 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 5051 (108th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1001 Williams Street in Ignacio, Colorado, as the “Leonard C. Burch Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 1904 (108th): Healthy Forests Restoration Act of 2003
- H.R. 1484 (108th): Southern Ute and Colorado Intergovernmental Agreement Implementation Act of 2003
- H.R. 1399 (108th): Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park and Gunnison Gorge National Conservation Area Boundary Revision Act of 2003
- H.R. 4111 (107th): Old Spanish Trail Recognition Act of 2002
- H.R. 4275 (106th): Colorado Canyons National Conservation Area and Black Ridge Canyons Wilderness Act of 2000
- H.R. 898 (106th): Spanish Peaks Wilderness Act of 1999
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
McInnis sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of McInnis’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5266 (108th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to encourage investment in ...
- H.R. 5142 (108th): Pitkin County Land Exchange Act of 2004
- H.R. 5051 (108th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
- H.R. 5052 (108th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
- H.R. 4700 (108th): White River National Forest Improvement Act of 2004
- H.Con.Res. 454 (108th): Commemorating over half a century of adjudication under the McCarran Amendment of ...
- H.R. 3777 (108th): Help Establish Access to Local Timely Healthcare for Your Vets (HEALTHY Vets) ...
From Jan 1993 to Dec 2004, McInnis missed 401 of 7,080 roll call votes, which is 5.7%. This is much worse than the median of 2.9% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2004. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: