Murphy was the representative for New York’s 20th congressional district and was a Democrat. He served from 2009 to 2010.
Murphy is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Murphy sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 4, 2005 to Dec 21, 2010. See full analysis methodology.
Murphy sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Murphy’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 1635 (111th): Supporting the goals and ideals of an annual “National Yellow Ribbon Day”.
- H.Res. 1513 (111th): Congratulating the Saratoga Race Course as it celebrates its 142nd season.
- H.R. 5599 (111th): Wire Clarification Act of 2010
- H.R. 5291 (111th): Tax Information for New Fiscal Oversight Act of 2010
- H.R. 5084 (111th): America Recruits Act of 2010
- H.Res. 1178 (111th): Directing the Clerk of the House of Representatives to compile the cost ...
- H.R. 4545 (111th): Rural Broadband Initiative Act of 2010
|Murphy’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.Con.Res. 308 (111th): Providing for a conditional adjournment of the House of Representatives.
Jul 29, 2010. Passed 231/189.
H.Res. 317 (111th): Recognizing the region from Manhattan, Kansas, to Columbia, Missouri, as the Kansas City Animal Health Corridor, and ...
Sep 15, 2009. Passed 312/108.
H.R. 1752 (111th): To provide that the usual day for paying salaries in or under the House of Representatives may ...
Jul 30, 2009. Failed 282/144.
H.R. 31 (111th): Lumbee Recognition Act
Jun 3, 2009. Passed 240/179.
From Apr 2009 to Dec 2010, Murphy missed 59 of 1,435 roll call votes, which is 4.1%. This is worse than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: