Murphy was the representative for New York’s 20th congressional district and was a Democrat. He served from 2009 to 2010.
Murphy is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Murphy sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 4, 2005 to Dec 21, 2010. See full analysis methodology.
Murphy sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Murphy’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 1635 (111th): Supporting the goals and ideals of an annual “National Yellow Ribbon Day”.
- H.Res. 1513 (111th): Congratulating the Saratoga Race Course as it celebrates its 142nd season.
- H.R. 5599 (111th): Wire Clarification Act of 2010
- H.R. 5291 (111th): Tax Information for New Fiscal Oversight Act of 2010
- H.R. 5084 (111th): America Recruits Act of 2010
- H.Res. 1178 (111th): Directing the Clerk of the House of Representatives to compile the cost ...
- H.R. 4545 (111th): Rural Broadband Initiative Act of 2010
From Apr 2009 to Dec 2010, Murphy missed 59 of 1,435 roll call votes, which is 4.1%. This is worse than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: