Our unique analysis of the bills Perry has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Perry is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Perry for more statistics.
Scott Perry sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Homeland Security
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Oversight and Management Efficiency
- Member, Subcommittee on Cybersecurity, Infrastructure Protection, and Security Technologies
- House Committee on Foreign Affairs
House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
- Member, Subcommittee on Economic Development, Public Buildings, and Emergency Management
- Member, Subcommittee on Highways and Transit
- Member, Subcommittee on Railroads, Pipelines, and Hazardous Materials
Perry sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Perry’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4785: DHS SAVE Act
- H.J.Res. 84: Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Islamist Extremism
- H.R. 4544: Energy Sovereignty Act
- H.R. 4319: Second Amendment Defense Act of 2016
- H.R. 4244: Refugee Resettlement Fund Act of 2015
- H.R. 3859: HSA Technical Corrections Act
- H.Res. 422: Honoring the Red Land Little League Team of Lewisberry, Pennsylvania for the performance ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2013 to Jul 2016, Perry missed 20 of 2,385 roll call votes, which is 0.8%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 1 explanation for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: