Read our 2016 Report Card for Perry.
Our unique analysis of the bills Perry has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Perry is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Scott Perry sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Homeland Security
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Oversight and Management Efficiency
- Member, Subcommittee on Cybersecurity, Infrastructure Protection, and Security Technologies
- House Committee on Foreign Affairs
House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
- Member, Subcommittee on Economic Development, Public Buildings, and Emergency Management
- Member, Subcommittee on Highways and Transit
- Member, Subcommittee on Railroads, Pipelines, and Hazardous Materials
Perry sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Immigration (17%) Crime and Law Enforcement (17%) Emergency Management (13%) Economics and Public Finance (13%) Armed Forces and National Security (13%) International Affairs (9%) Environmental Protection (9%) Law (9%)
Some of Perry’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.J.Res. 22: Providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, United States Code, ...
- H.R. 366: To amend the Homeland Security Act of 2002 to direct the Under Secretary ...
- H.R. 275: Fairness for Crime Victims Act of 2017
- H.J.Res. 18: Proposing a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution requiring that each agency and ...
- H.R. 6110: Allow State Sovereignty Upon Refugee Entry (ASSURE) Act
- H.R. 4785: DHS SAVE Act
- H.J.Res. 84: Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Islamist Extremism
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Perry’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 612: A bill to designate the Federal building and United States courthouse located at 1300 Victoria Street in Laredo, Texas, as the “George P. Kazen Federal Building ...
Dec 8, 2016. Passed 360/61.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed 312/119.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act ("H.R. 2048". , Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection ...
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 3393 (113th): Student and Family Tax Simplification Act
Jul 24, 2014. Passed 227/187.
H.R. 1947 (113th): Federal Agriculture Reform and Risk Management Act of 2013
Jun 20, 2013. Failed 195/234.
From Jan 2013 to Jan 2017, Perry missed 22 of 2,588 roll call votes, which is 0.9%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 1 explanation for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: