Read our 2018 Report Card for Perry.
Perry is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Perry has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to May 17, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Scott Perry sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Foreign Affairs
- House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
Perry was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Perry sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Crime and Law Enforcement (26%) Emergency Management (16%) Immigration (13%) Environmental Protection (11%) Economics and Public Finance (11%) Transportation and Public Works (11%) International Affairs (8%) Government Operations and Politics (5%)
Some of Perry’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 261: Strongly condemning the February 2019 terrorist attack in India, offering condolences to the ...
- H.J.Res. 50: Proposing a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution requiring that each agency and ...
- H.R. 1584: Energy Sovereignty Act
- H.R. 960: Empower our Girls Act
- H.R. 959: Protect our Girls Act of 2019
- H.R. 7381: Protect our Girls Act of 2018
- H.R. 6438: DHS Countering Unmanned Aircraft Systems Coordinator Act
From Jan 2013 to May 2019, Perry missed 49 of 3,956 roll call votes, which is 1.2%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: