2015 Report CardRead our 2015 Report Card for Peters »
Our unique analysis of the bills Peters has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Peters is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Scott Peters sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Armed Services
- House Committee on the Judiciary
Peters sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (24%) Taxation (17%) Science, Technology, Communications (15%) Economics and Public Finance (12%) Education (10%) Health (10%) Agriculture and Food (7%) Government Operations and Politics (5%)
Some of Peters’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3983: BOSS Act
- H.R. 3774: Protect America’s Credit Act of 2015
- H.R. 3775: Pay Down the Debt Act of 2015
- H.R. 3751: Federal Student Loan Refinancing Act
- H.Res. 441: Amending the Rules of the House of Representatives to require Members to post ...
- H.R. 3577: Unnecessary Government Printing Reform Act of 2015
- H.R. 3392: Carbon Capture Research and Development Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2013 to Apr 2016, Peters missed 28 of 2,086 roll call votes, which is 1.3%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 1 explanation for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: