Read our 2018 Report Card for Tipton.
Tipton is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Tipton has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Mar 18, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Scott Tipton sits on the following committees:
Tipton was the primary sponsor of 7 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 6216 (115th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 3025 Woodgate Road in Montrose, Colorado, as the “Sergeant David Kinterknecht Post Office”.
- H.R. 6217 (115th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 241 N 4th Street in Grand Junction, Colorado, as the “Deputy Sheriff Derek Geer Post ...
- H.R. 698: Elkhorn Ranch and White River National Forest Conveyance Act of 2017
- H.R. 4609: West Fork Fire Station Act of 2017
- H.R. 1457: MOBILE Act of 2017
- H.R. 678 (113th): Bureau of Reclamation Small Conduit Hydropower Development and Rural Jobs Act
- H.R. 2815 (112th): To revise the Federal charter for the Blue Star Mothers of America, Inc., to reflect a change in eligibility requirements for membership.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Tipton sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Tipton’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 1674: To require the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to carry out a pilot program ...
- H.R. 1552: To amend title 38, United States Code, to direct the Secretary of Veterans ...
- H.R. 1492: Yucca House National Monument Boundary Revision Act
- H.R. 1029: Space Resources Institute Act
- H.R. 786: Education and Energy Act of 2019
- H.R. 785: Planning for American Energy Act of 2019
- H.R. 741: TAILOR Act of 2019
|Tipton’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.J.Res. 37: Directing the removal of United States Armed Forces from hostilities in the Republic of Yemen that have not been authorized by Congress.
Feb 13, 2019. Passed 248/177.
A recently House-passed bill, which seems likely to pass in the Senate, could mark President Trump's first veto in office. ## Context Yemen has been mired in a civil war since March 2015, between the internationally-recognized government and an Islamic armed rebel group called the ...
H.R. 6157: Department of Defense and Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education Appropriations Act, 2019 and Continuing Appropriations Act, 2019
Sep 26, 2018. Passed 361/61.
H.R. 6157 provides $674.6 billion in total discretionary budget authority for the Department of Defense for fiscal year (FY) 2019. The bill provides $606.5 billion for the Department of Defense base budget, which is an increase of $17.1 billion above FY18 levels, and $68.1 billion ...
H.R. 4667: Making further supplemental appropriations for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2018, for disaster assistance for Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria, and calendar year 2017 wildfires, ...
Dec 21, 2017. Passed 251/169.
H.R. 1039: Probation Officer Protection Act of 2017
May 19, 2017. Passed 229/177.
H.R. 1039 amends the federal criminal code to authorize a probation officer to arrest a person, without warrant, if there is probable cause to believe that person forcibly assaulted or obstructed a probation officer while performing their official duties. The bill also would direct the ...
H.J.Res. 43: Providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, United States Code, of the final rule submitted by Secretary of Health and Human Services relating ...
Feb 16, 2017. Passed 230/188.
Joe Biden never got the opportunity to break a single 50-50 Senate tie in eight years as vice president. Mike Pence has already broken two. One from last month has since become law: a measure allowing states to withhold federal Planned Parenthood funding. (The other ...
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed 312/119.
H.R. 4681 (113th): Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2015
Dec 10, 2014. Passed 325/100.
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 5972 (112th): Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013
Jun 29, 2012. Passed 261/163.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant legislative change to the U.S. patent system since the ...
From Jan 2011 to Mar 2019, Tipton missed 77 of 5,470 roll call votes, which is 1.4%. This is on par with the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: