Read our 2016 Report Card for Tipton.
Our unique analysis of the bills Tipton has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Tipton is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Scott Tipton sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Financial Services
- House Committee on Natural Resources
Tipton was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 678 (113th): Bureau of Reclamation Small Conduit Hydropower Development and Rural Jobs Act
- H.R. 2815 (112th): To revise the Federal charter for the Blue Star Mothers of America, Inc., to reflect a change in eligibility requirements for membership.
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Tipton sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Tipton’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 1116: TAILOR Act of 2017
- H.J.Res. 71: Providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, United States Code, ...
- H.R. 698: Elkhorn Ranch and White River National Forest Conveyance Act of 2017
- H.R. 6288 (114th): REAL Protection Act
- H.R. 6287 (114th): MOBILE Act of 2016
- H.R. 6162 (114th): Protect Prepaid Accounts Act of 2016
- H.R. 5950 (114th): To extend the authorization of the Uranium Mill Tailings Radiation Control Act ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Tipton’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed 312/119.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.R. 4681 (113th): Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2015
Dec 10, 2014. Passed 325/100.
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 5972 (112th): Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013
Jun 29, 2012. Passed 261/163.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
H.J.Res. 48 (112th): Additional Continuing Appropriations Amendments, 2011
Mar 15, 2011. Passed 271/158.
From Jan 2011 to Feb 2017, Tipton missed 53 of 4,234 roll call votes, which is 1.3%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: