Our unique analysis of the bills Tipton has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Tipton is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Tipton for more statistics.
Scott Tipton sits on the following committees:
Tipton sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Public Lands and Natural Resources (55%) Finance and Financial Sector (10%) Government Operations and Politics (10%) Native Americans (6%) Energy (6%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (6%) Taxation (6%)
Some of Tipton’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5901: To name the Department of Veterans Affairs community-based outpatient clinic in Pueblo, Colorado, ...
- H.R. 5570: Western Colorado Wilderness Study Area Release Act
- H.R. 5552: ACCESS Act of 2016
- H.R. 2896: TAILOR Act of 2015
- H.R. 1830: Water Rights Protection Act
- H.R. 1554: Elkhorn Ranch and White River National Forest Conveyance Act of 2015
- H.R. 1553: Small Bank Exam Cycle Reform Act of 2015
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2011 to Jul 2016, Tipton missed 51 of 3,991 roll call votes, which is 1.3%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: