Read our 2018 Report Card for Tipton.
Tipton is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Tipton has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jul 15, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Scott Tipton sits on the following committees:
Tipton was the primary sponsor of 7 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 6216 (115th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 3025 Woodgate Road in Montrose, Colorado, as the “Sergeant David Kinterknecht Post Office”.
- H.R. 6217 (115th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 241 N 4th Street in Grand Junction, Colorado, as the “Deputy Sheriff Derek Geer Post ...
- H.R. 698: Elkhorn Ranch and White River National Forest Conveyance Act of 2017
- H.R. 4609: West Fork Fire Station Act of 2017
- H.R. 1457: MOBILE Act of 2017
- H.R. 678 (113th): Bureau of Reclamation Small Conduit Hydropower Development and Rural Jobs Act
- H.R. 2815 (112th): To revise the Federal charter for the Blue Star Mothers of America, Inc., to reflect a change in eligibility requirements for membership.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Tipton sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Tipton’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 479: Seeking the return of the USS Pueblo to the United States Navy.
- H.Res. 440: Recognizing the critical importance of military aviation training in the State of Colorado, ...
- H.R. 3247: To provide for a safe transit exception to service level requirements for Department ...
- H.R. 2661: RURAL Broadband Act of 2019
- H.R. 2509: Ski Area Fee Retention Act
- H.R. 2138: Dental Care for Low-Income Veterans Act
- H.R. 1936: Jackson Gulch Rehabilitation Project Modification Act
From Jan 2011 to Jul 2019, Tipton missed 77 of 5,827 roll call votes, which is 1.3%. This is on par with the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: