Our unique analysis of the bills Duffy has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Duffy is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Duffy for more statistics.
Sean Duffy sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Financial Services
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations
- Member, Subcommittee on Capital Markets and Government Sponsored Enterprises
- Joint Economic Committee
Duffy sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Finance and Financial Sector (38%) Health (13%) Government Operations and Politics (11%) Science, Technology, Communications (11%) Armed Forces and National Security (9%) International Affairs (7%) Economics and Public Finance (5%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (5%)
Some of Duffy’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6244: To require the appropriate Federal banking agencies to treat certain non-significant investments in ...
- H.R. 6186: Follow the Rules Act
- H.R. 6142: Fruit Labeling Accuracy Act of 2016
- H.R. 5807: Bank Service Company Examination Coordination Act of 2016
- H.R. 5808: Comprehensive Regulatory Review Act of 2016
- H.R. 5418: Protecting Internet Freedom Act
- H.R. 5311: Corporate Governance Reform and Transparency Act of 2016
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Duffy’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 4889: Kelsey Smith Act
May 23, 2016. Failed.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 6: 21st Century Cures Act
Jul 10, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2596: Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2016
Jun 16, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 33: Protecting Volunteer Firefighters and Emergency Responders Act
Feb 27, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
From Jan 2011 to Sep 2016, Duffy missed 157 of 4,087 roll call votes, which is 3.8%. This is worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 21 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: