Our unique analysis of the bills Duffy has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Duffy is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Duffy for more statistics.
Sean Duffy sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Financial Services
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations
- Member, Subcommittee on Capital Markets and Government Sponsored Enterprises
- Joint Economic Committee
Duffy sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Finance and Financial Sector (38%) Health (12%) Science, Technology, Communications (12%) Government Operations and Politics (10%) Armed Forces and National Security (10%) International Affairs (8%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (6%) Economics and Public Finance (6%)
Some of Duffy’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6142: To amend section 403(q) of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act to ...
- H.R. 5807: Bank Service Company Examination Coordination Act of 2016
- H.R. 5808: Comprehensive Regulatory Review Act of 2016
- H.R. 5418: Protecting Internet Freedom Act
- H.R. 5311: Corporate Governance Reform and Transparency Act of 2016
- H.R. 5278: PROMESA
- H.R. 4900: PROMESA
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2011 to Sep 2016, Duffy missed 157 of 4,069 roll call votes, which is 3.9%. This is worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 21 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: