Read our 2018 Report Card for Duffy.
Duffy is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Duffy has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jun 24, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Sean Duffy sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Financial Services
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Housing, Community Development, and Insurance
- Member, Subcommittee on Investor Protection, Entrepreneurship, and Capital Markets
Duffy was the primary sponsor of 7 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 4258: Family Self-Sufficiency Act
- H.R. 3042 (115th): Dr. Chris Kirkpatrick Whistleblower Protection Act of 2017
- H.R. 657 (115th): Follow the Rules Act
- H.R. 4046 (114th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 220 East Oak Street, Glenwood City, Wisconsin, as the Second Lt. Ellen Ainsworth Memorial Post ...
- H.R. 5278 (114th): PROMESA
- H.R. 4900 (114th): PROMESA
- H.R. 353 (114th): Veterans’ Access to Hearing Health Act of 2015
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Duffy sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Duffy’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3088: Shareholder Protection Act of 2019
- H.R. 3023: Secure Our Schools Today Act of 2019
- H.R. 2869: HEROES Act
- H.R. 2097: Legacies of War Recognition and Unexploded Ordnance Removal Act
- H.Res. 188: Expressing support for designation of July as National Sarcoma Awareness Month.
- H.R. 1265: Nursing Home Workforce Quality Act
- H.R. 888: Women’s Public Health and Safety Act
From Jan 2011 to Jun 2019, Duffy missed 216 of 5,759 roll call votes, which is 3.8%. This is worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: