2015 Report CardRead our 2015 Report Card for Duffy »
Our unique analysis of the bills Duffy has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Duffy is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Sean Duffy sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Financial Services
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations
- Member, Subcommittee on Capital Markets and Government Sponsored Enterprises
- Joint Economic Committee
Duffy sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Finance and Financial Sector (37%) Health (12%) Science, Technology, Communications (10%) Government Operations and Politics (10%) Armed Forces and National Security (10%) International Affairs (8%) Economics and Public Finance (6%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (6%)
Some of Duffy’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5311: Corporate Governance Reform and Transparency Act of 2016
- H.R. 5278: PROMESA
- H.R. 4900: PROMESA
- H.R. 4781: FDIC Accountability Act of 2016
- H.R. 4492: Sound of Freedom Act
- H.R. 4199: Puerto Rico Financial Stability and Debt Restructuring Choice Act
- H.R. 4046: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 220 ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2011 to May 2016, Duffy missed 122 of 3,781 roll call votes, which is 3.2%. This is worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 21 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: