Read our 2019 Report Card for Maloney.
Maloney is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Maloney has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Aug 7, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Sean Maloney sits on the following committees:
Maloney was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 4976 (114th): Opioid Review Modernization Act of 2016
- H.R. 2112 (113th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 787 State Route 17M in Monroe, New York, as the “National Clandestine Service of the ...
- H.R. 1247 (113th): Creating Reliability for Our Producers Act
Does 3 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Maloney sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Health (20%) Armed Forces and National Security (18%) Transportation and Public Works (18%) Education (12%) Taxation (9%) Crime and Law Enforcement (9%) Agriculture and Food (6%) Water Resources Development (6%)
Some of Maloney’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 7645: First Time Homebuyer Pandemic Savings Act
- H.R. 7464: Elijah E. Cummings Merchant Mariner Workforce Development Act
- H.R. 7220: Hudson River Climate Change Protection Act
- H.R. 6985: Dam Safety Improvement Act
- H.R. 6773: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide for a credit ...
- H.R. 6683: Relief for America’s Small Farmers Act
- H.R. 5745: Bridge Investment Act of 2020
From Jan 2013 to Jul 2020, Maloney missed 104 of 4,613 roll call votes, which is 2.3%. This is on par with the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: