Our unique analysis of the bills Maloney has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Maloney is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Maloney for more statistics.
Sean Maloney sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Agriculture
- House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
Maloney sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Transportation and Public Works (26%) Armed Forces and National Security (23%) Education (16%) Crime and Law Enforcement (10%) Finance and Financial Sector (6%) Taxation (6%) International Affairs (6%) Water Resources Development (6%)
Some of Maloney’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5855: To provide a requirement to improve data collection efforts.
- H.R. 5856: To amend the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act to allow sole proprietors ...
- H.R. 5857: To improve the ability of beginning farmers in the United States to acquire ...
- H.R. 5157: 21st Century Green High-Performing Public School Facilities Act
- H.R. 5124: Equal Justice Under Law Act of 2016
- H.R. 4976: Opioid Review Modernization Act of 2016
- H.R. 4940: JCPOA Intelligence Enforcement Act of 2016
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2013 to Jul 2016, Maloney missed 46 of 2,380 roll call votes, which is 1.9%. This is on par with the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: