Read our 2020 Report Card for Maloney.
Maloney is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Maloney has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Nov 26, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Sean Maloney sits on the following committees:
Maloney was the primary sponsor of 4 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 1830 (116th): National Purple Heart Hall of Honor Commemorative Coin Act
- H.R. 4976 (114th): Opioid Review Modernization Act of 2016
- H.R. 2112 (113th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 787 State Route 17M in Monroe, New York, as the “National Clandestine Service of the …
- H.R. 1247 (113th): Creating Reliability for Our Producers Act
Does 4 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Maloney sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Health (21%) Transportation and Public Works (19%) Armed Forces and National Security (19%) Taxation (10%) Government Operations and Politics (9%) Education (9%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (7%) Agriculture and Food (7%)
Some of Maloney’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5872: Natural Cosmetics Act
- H.R. 5078: First Time Homeowner Savings Plan Act
- H.R. 5077: REHABS Act of 2021
- H.R. 4692: PFAS Testing Act of 2021
- H.R. 4149: Maurice D. Hinchey Hudson River Valley National Heritage Area Reauthorization Act
- H.R. 3834: LGBTQ Essential Data Act
- H.R. 3782: Relief for America’s Small Farmers Act
From Jan 2013 to Nov 2021, Maloney missed 108 of 5,074 roll call votes, which is 2.1%. This is on par with the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: