Moulton is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Moulton has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Nov 22, 2022. See full analysis methodology.
Seth Moulton sits on the following committees:
Moulton was the primary sponsor of 5 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 1649: To make a technical correction to the ALS Disability Insurance Access Act of 2019.
- H.R. 6059 (115th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 51 Willow Street in Lynn, Massachusetts, as the “Thomas P. Costin, Jr. Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 3095 (115th): Veterans ACCESS Act
- H.R. 274 (115th): Modernizing Government Travel Act
- H.R. 4352 (114th): Faster Care for Veterans Act of 2016
Does 5 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Moulton sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (33%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (19%) International Affairs (10%) Taxation (10%) Health (7%) Social Welfare (7%) Labor and Employment (7%) Transportation and Public Works (7%)
Recently Introduced Bills
Moulton recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.R. 9316: 250th Anniversary of the United States Marine Corps Commemorative Coin Act
- H.R. 9169: Salem Maritime National Historical Park Redesignation and Technical Corrections Act
- H.R. 9158: CALL Act of 2022
- H.R. 8537: Mass Shooter Prosecution Act of 2022
- H.R. 7849: CLAW Act of 2022
- H.R. 7187: Yachts for Ukraine Act
- H.R. 6991: To establish the policy of the Department of Veterans Affairs on medicinal cannabis, …
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 2015 to Nov 2022, Moulton missed 150 of 4,409 roll call votes, which is 3.4%. This is worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events. Legislators running for president or vice president typically miss votes while on the campaign trail — that’s normal. See our analysis of presidential candidates’ missed votes.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: