Moulton is running for President of the United States. We’re tracking the legislative records of the candidates who served in office:
- What can GovTrack data tell us about the thirteen most recent and current Members of Congress running for President? [updated May 3, 2019]
- Health and Criminal Justice legislation introduced by the candidates [updated May 1, 2019]
- Oversight and Immigration legislation introduced by the candiates [updated May 20, 2019]
Read our 2018 Report Card for Moulton.
Moulton is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Moulton has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to May 23, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Seth Moulton sits on the following committees:
Moulton was the primary sponsor of 4 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 6059 (115th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 51 Willow Street in Lynn, Massachusetts, as the “Thomas P. Costin, Jr. Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 3095: Veterans ACCESS Act
- H.R. 274 (115th): Modernizing Government Travel Act
- H.R. 4352 (114th): Faster Care for Veterans Act of 2016
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Moulton sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (38%) Government Operations and Politics (12%) Social Welfare (12%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (9%) International Affairs (9%) Labor and Employment (6%) Animals (6%) Health (6%)
Some of Moulton’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.J.Res. 58: Constitutional Authorities Resolution
- H.R. 2767: To amend title 10, United States Code, to provide for eating disorders treatment ...
- H.R. 2677: To require the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to provide training in the use ...
- H.R. 2675: Department of Veterans Affairs Policy for Medicinal Cannabis Use Act of 2019
- H.R. 2676: VA Survey of Cannabis Use Act
- H.R. 2417: HEADs UP Act
- H.R. 1733: CHANCE in TECH Act
From Jan 2015 to May 2019, Moulton missed 59 of 2,766 roll call votes, which is 2.1%. This is on par with the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: