Davids is the representative for Kansas’s 3rd congressional district (view map) and is a Democrat. She has served since Jan 3, 2019. Davids is next up for reelection in 2022 and serves until Jan 3, 2023.
Read our 2020 Report Card for Davids.
Davids is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Davids has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Jul 22, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Sharice Davids sits on the following committees:
Davids sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Davids’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4636: To amend title XXVII of the Public Health Service Act, the Employee Retirement ...
- H.R. 3298: To amend section 125 of title 23, United States Code, to require that ...
- H.R. 2683: Helping Communities Invest in Infrastructure Act
- H.R. 1339: Advanced Air Mobility Coordination and Leadership Act
- H.R. 925: Data to Save Moms Act
- H.R. 346: SUPPLIES Act
- H.R. 7093 (116th): PPP Accountability Act
From Jan 2019 to Jul 2021, Davids missed 5 of 1,172 roll call votes, which is 0.4%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: