Read our 2022 Report Card for Cherfilus-McCormick.
Cherfilus-McCormick is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Cherfilus-McCormick has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2019 to Mar 23, 2023. See full analysis methodology.
Sheila Cherfilus-McCormick sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Veterans' Affairs
Oversight and Investigations subcommittees
- Technology Modernization subcommittee Ranking Member
- House Committee on Foreign Affairs
Cherfilus-McCormick sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Taxation (50%) Armed Forces and National Security (50%)
Recently Introduced Bills
Cherfilus-McCormick recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.R. 901: Disposable ENDS Product Enforcement Act of 2023
- H.R. 645: Healthy Foundations for Homeless Veterans Act
- H.Res. 1474 (117th): Recognizing the 75th anniversary of Everglades National Park.
- H.R. 8003 (117th): Restore Veterans Dignity Act of 2022
- H.R. 7929 (117th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide for additional …
- H.R. 7700 (117th): People’s Prosperity Act
View All » | View Cosponsors »
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 2022 to Mar 2023, Cherfilus-McCormick missed 5 of 702 roll call votes, which is 0.7%. This is better than the median of 1.5% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses, major life events, and running for higher office.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- GovInfo.gov, for sponsored bills