Read our 2016 Report Card for Jackson Lee.
Our unique analysis of the bills Jackson Lee has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Jackson Lee is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Sheila Jackson Lee sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on the Budget
- House Committee on Homeland Security
House Committee on the Judiciary
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, Homeland Security, and Investigations
- Member, Subcommittee on Immigration and Border Security
Jackson Lee was the primary sponsor of 7 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 710 (114th): To require the Secretary of Homeland Security to prepare a comprehensive security assessment of the transportation security card program, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 78 (113th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 4110 Almeda Road in Houston, Texas, as the “George Thomas ‘Mickey’ Leland Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 6510 (111th): To direct the Administrator of General Services to convey a parcel of real property in Houston, Texas, to the Military Museum of Texas, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 289 (111th): To authorize the President to posthumously award a gold medal on behalf of the Congress to the seven members of the crew of the space shuttle Columbia ...
- H.R. 6212 (110th): Medicare Efficiency and Development of Improvement of Care and Services Act (MEDICS Act) of 2008
- H.R. 266 (110th): To authorize the President to posthumously award a gold medal on behalf of the Congress to the seven members of the crew of the space shuttle Columbia ...
- H.R. 4510 (109th): To direct the Joint Committee on the Library to accept the donation of a bust depicting Sojourner Truth and to display the bust in a suitable location ...
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Jackson Lee sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Jackson Lee’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 1985: Justice for Children Now Act of 2017
- H.R. 1978: My Sister’s Keeper Act of 2017
- H.J.Res. 95: Expressing support for designation of September 2017 as “Gospel Music Heritage Month” and ...
- H.R. 1980: Private Prison Information Act of 2017
- H.R. 1984: Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Research and Education Act of 2017
- H.R. 1979: No More Tulias: Drug Law Enforcement Evidentiary Standards Improvement Act of 2017
- H.R. 1983: David’s Law
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Jackson Lee’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.R. 622: State and Local Sales Tax Deduction Fairness Act of 2015
Apr 16, 2015. Passed 272/152.
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 5325 (112th): Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013
Jun 6, 2012. Passed 255/165.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
H.Res. 1137 (111th): Providing for consideration of the Senate amendment to the bill (H.R. 2847) making appropriations for the Departments ...
Mar 4, 2010. Passed 212/209.
H.Res. 1031 (110th): Providing for the adoption of the resolution (H. Res. 895) establishing within the House of Representatives an ...
Mar 11, 2008. Passed 229/182.
From Jan 1995 to Apr 2017, Jackson Lee missed 949 of 15,074 roll call votes, which is 6.3%. This is much worse than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 258 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: