Our unique analysis of the bills Berkley sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2013. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Berkley is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Berkley was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 4053 (110th): Mental Health Improvements Act of 2007
- H.J.Res. 59 (109th): Expressing the sense of Congress with respect to the establishment of an appropriate day for the commemoration of the women suffragists who fought for and won the ...
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Berkley sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Taxation (24%) Armed Forces and National Security (16%) Health (16%) International Affairs (12%) Government Operations and Politics (10%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (9%) Labor and Employment (7%) Social Welfare (7%)
Some of Berkley’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6072 (112th): Las Vegas Valley Public Land and Tule Springs Fossil Beds National Monument ...
- H.R. 5833 (112th): Veterans Burial Benefits Improvement Act of 2012
- H.Res. 653 (112th): Recognizing the goals of National Travel and Tourism Week and honoring the ...
- H.R. 5332 (112th): To prohibit agency restrictions on conference locations.
- H.R. 5333 (112th): Middle Class Tax Fairness Act of 2012
- H.R. 4108 (112th): Clean Energy Jobs Act of 2012
- H.R. 3460 (112th): American Jobs First Act of 2011
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Berkley’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
S. 365 (112th): Budget Control Act of 2011
Aug 1, 2011. Passed 269/161.
The Budget Control Act of 2011 (Pub.L. 112–25, S. 365, 125 Stat. 240, enacted August 2, 2011) is a federal statute in the United States that was signed into law by President Barack Obama on August 2, 2011. The Act brought conclusion to the United ...
H.R. 2551 (112th): Legislative Branch Appropriations Act, 2012
Jul 22, 2011. Passed 252/159.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
H.R. 2017 (112th): Continuing Appropriations Act, 2012
Jun 2, 2011. Passed 231/188.
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
S. 328 (111th): DTV Delay Act
Jan 28, 2009. Failed 258/168.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 1999 to Jan 2013, Berkley missed 382 of 9,782 roll call votes, which is 3.9%. This is worse than the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Jan 2013. ProPublica has tracked 79 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: