2014 Report CardRead our 2014 Report Card for Brown »
Our unique analysis of the bills Brown has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Brown is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Sherrod Brown sits on the following committees:
Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Ex Officio, Subcommittee on Economic Policy
- Ex Officio, Subcommittee on Financial Institutions and Consumer Protection
- Ex Officio, Subcommittee on Housing, Transportation, and Community Development
- Ex Officio, Subcommittee on National Security and International Trade and Finance
- Ex Officio, Subcommittee on Securities, Insurance, and Investment
Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Member, Subcommittee on Commodities, Risk Management and Trade
- Member, Subcommittee on Nutrition, Specialty Crops, and Agricultural Research
- Member, Subcommittee on Rural Development and Energy
- Senate Committee on Finance
- Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs
Some of Brown’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S.Con.Res. 8: A concurrent resolution expressing the sense of Congress that the United States Postal ...
- S. 624: A bill to amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act to waive ...
- S.Con.Res. 7: A concurrent resolution authorizing the use of Emancipation Hall in the Capitol Visitor ...
- S.Res. 92: A resolution designating February 28, 2015, as “Rare Disease Day”.
- S. 568: A bill to extend the trade adjustment assistance program, and for other purposes.
- S. 541: A bill to direct the Secretary of the Interior to conduct a special ...
- S. 522: Protecting And Retaining Our Children’s Health Insurance Program Act of 2015
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2007 to Mar 2015, Brown missed 37 of 2,564 roll call votes, which is 1.4%. This is better than the median of 1.6% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
Recent Legislative Activity
Joint Resolution Passed 53/46
Sen. Brown [D-OH]: NayMar 4, 2015 11:38 a.m.
S.Con.Res. 8: A concurrent resolution expressing the sense of Congress that the United States Postal Service should issue a commemorative stamp honoring the 50th anniversary of the three civil rights marches from Selma, Alabama to Montgomery, Alabama that
Sponsor: Sen. Sherrod Brown [D-OH]
This resolution was referred to the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs which will consider it before sending it to the Senate floor for consideration.
2 cosponsors are on that committee.Mar 4, 2015
Motion to Proceed Agreed to 53/45
Sen. Brown [D-OH]: NayMar 3, 2015 2:18 p.m.
S.Con.Res. 7: A concurrent resolution authorizing the use of Emancipation Hall in the Capitol Visitor Center for a ceremony to award the Congressional Gold Medal to the World War II members of the Doolittle Tokyo Raiders.
This resolution’s text is now available.
Sen. Sherrod Brown [D-OH] is the sponsor of this resolution.Mar 3, 2015