Pettis sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Social Welfare (18%) Private Legislation (14%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (14%) Labor and Employment (14%) Energy (11%) Native Americans (11%) Transportation and Public Works (11%) Armed Forces and National Security (7%)
Some of Pettis’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 14158 (95th): A bill for the relief of Teresa Miramontes Yglesias.
- H.R. 13236 (95th): A bill for the relief of Jose Quintana Dominguez Sendejas.
- H.R. 11363 (95th): A bill for the relief of Chaivudt Buthdong Woody Murphy, Peter Chaiwat ...
- H.R. 11168 (95th): A bill to provide that the sales of public lands in the ...
- H.R. 8491 (95th): A bill to amend the Act of 1906 relating to the preservation ...
- H.R. 7101 (95th): An Act to amend certain provisions of law relating to land claims ...
- H.J.Res. 394 (95th): Joint resolution to authorize the Secretary of the Interior to continue to ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From May 1975 to Oct 1978, Pettis missed 372 of 2,686 roll call votes, which is 13.8%. This is worse than the median of 8.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1978. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills