Our unique analysis of the bills Morrison sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1992. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Morrison is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Morrison was the primary sponsor of 7 bills that were enacted:
- H.J.Res. 218 (102nd): To designate the week beginning April 21, 1991, and the week beginning April 19, 1992, each as “National Organ and Tissue Donor Awareness Week”.
- H.R. 5507 (101st): Regarding the Early Winters Resort.
- H.R. 1020 (101st): To permit reimbursement of relocation expenses of William D. Morger.
- H.J.Res. 112 (101st): Designating April 23, 1989, through April 30, 1989, as “National Organ and Tissue Donor Awareness Week”.
- H.R. 3614 (100th): A bill to amend the Wild and Scenic Rivers Act to designate a section of the Columbia River in Washington State as a study area for inclusion ...
- H.J.Res. 450 (99th): A joint resolution to authorize and request the President to issue a proclamation designating April 20 through April 26, 1986, as “National Organ and Tissue Donor Awareness ...
- H.J.Res. 229 (98th): A joint resolution to authorize and request the President to issue a proclamation designating April 22 through April 28, 1984, as “National Organ Donation Awareness Week”.
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Morrison sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Public Lands and Natural Resources (24%) Energy (18%) Environmental Protection (18%) Water Resources Development (12%) Government Operations and Politics (9%) Taxation (9%) Private Legislation (6%) Native Americans (6%)
Some of Morrison’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5480 (102nd): To authorize the Secretary of Agriculture to convey certain real property in ...
- H.R. 5065 (102nd): Clean Campaign Act of 1992
- H.R. 3263 (102nd): Northwest Forest Protection and Community Stability Act of 1991
- H.R. 3097 (102nd): To authorize certain elements of the Yakima River Basin Water Enhancement Project, ...
- H.R. 2516 (102nd): To authorize the transfer of certain facilities in the Wenatchee National Forest, ...
- H.J.Res. 218 (102nd): To designate the week beginning April 21, 1991, and the week beginning ...
- H.R. 1636 (102nd): To authorize private sector participation in designing, constructing, owning, and operating facilities ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1981 to Oct 1992, Morrison missed 227 of 5,383 roll call votes, which is 4.2%. This is on par with the median of 4.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1992. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills