Sen. Spark Matsunaga
Former Senator from Hawaii
|Dates||Title||State / District|
|Representative||Hawaii's 1st District|
|Representative||Hawaii's 2nd District|
See Also: Bioguide
Our unique analysis of the bills Matsunaga sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Matsunaga is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Matsunaga’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 2111 (101st): A bill designating the month of May as “Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month”.
- S. 1940 (101st): A bill for the relief of Clement Perez.
- S. 1769 (101st): A bill to amend title XIX of the Social Security Act to ...
- S. 1642 (101st): A bill to extend the existing suspension of duty on certain knitwear ...
- S. 1552 (101st): Allied Health Professionals Promotion Act of 1989
- S. 1205 (101st): Foreign Currency Agricultural Research Competitiveness Act of 1989
- S. 1145 (101st): A bill to reestablish the Advisory Committee on Native-American Veterans.
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1977 to Apr 1990, Matsunaga missed 526 of 5,742 roll call votes, which is 9.2%. This is worse than the median of 4.4% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Apr 1990. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills