Plaskett is the delegate from the Virgin Islands and is a Democrat. She has served since Jan 6, 2015. Plaskett is next up for reelection in 2018.
Because the Virgin Islands is a territory of the United States, and not a state, its representative in the House of Representatives is a delegate with limited voting privileges — Plaskett can vote in committee but not on the House floor, including not on the final passage of bills. Delegates have a marginalized role in Congress and their constituents are not represented in Congress in the same manner as most citizens.
Read our 2017 Report Card for Plaskett.
Plaskett is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Plaskett has sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Stacey Plaskett sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
- House Committee on Agriculture
House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
- Member, Subcommittee on Coast Guard and Maritime Transportation
- Member, Subcommittee on Economic Development, Public Buildings, and Emergency Management
Plaskett was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Plaskett sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Plaskett’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4782: Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands Equitable Rebuild Act of 2018
- H.R. 4731: To extend the retained use estate for the Caneel Bay resort in St. ...
- H.R. 4446: To amend the Virgin Islands of the United States Centennial Commission Act to ...
- H.R. 2404: Improving the Treatment of the U.S. Territories Under Federal Health Programs Act of ...
- H.R. 1709: To amend title 1, United States Code, to provide for a definition of ...
- H.Con.Res. 39: Recognizing and commemorating the 100th anniversary of the Virgin Islands of the United ...
- H.J.Res. 91: Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States regarding Presidential election ...
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: