Plaskett is the representative from the Virgin Islands and is a Democrat. She has served since Jan 6, 2015. Plaskett is next up for reelection in 2020.
Because the Virgin Islands is a territory of the United States, and not a state, its representative in the House of Representatives is a delegate with limited voting privileges — Plaskett can currently vote in committee and in certain votes on the House floor, but not if their vote would be decisive. Delegates have a marginalized role in Congress and their constituents are not represented in Congress in the same manner as most citizens.
Read our 2018 Report Card for Plaskett.
Plaskett is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Plaskett has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jun 14, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Stacey Plaskett sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Agriculture
- House Committee on Oversight and Reform
- House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
Plaskett was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Plaskett sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Taxation (39%) Government Operations and Politics (22%) Immigration (8%) Education (8%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (6%) Civil Rights and Liberties, Minority Issues (6%) Health (6%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (6%)
Some of Plaskett’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2814: To amend title 37, United States Code, to authorize the basic allowance for ...
- H.R. 1699: To amend the Virgin Islands of the United States Centennial Commission Act to ...
- H.R. 1353: LWCF Parity for Territories and DC Act
- H.R. 1354: Territories Health Equity Act of 2019
- H.R. 1352: Federal School Meals Parity Act
- H.R. 405: To permit the District of Columbia and each of the territories of the ...
- H.R. 413: Hire A Hero Act of 2019
From Jan 2019 to Jun 2019, Plaskett missed 36 of 120 roll call votes, which is 30.0%. This is much worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: