Plaskett is the representative from the Virgin Islands and is a Democrat. She has served since Jan 6, 2015. Plaskett is next up for reelection in 2022 and serves until Jan 3, 2023.
Because the Virgin Islands is a territory of the United States, and not a state, its representative in the House of Representatives is a delegate with limited voting privileges — Plaskett can currently vote in committee and in certain votes on the House floor, but not if their vote would be decisive. Delegates have a marginalized role in Congress and their constituents are not represented in Congress in the same manner as most citizens.
Read our 2020 Report Card for Plaskett.
Plaskett is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Plaskett has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Jun 8, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Stacey Plaskett sits on the following committees:
Plaskett was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 8345 (116th): Air Carrier Worker Support Extension Act of 2020
- H.R. 2615 (114th): Virgin Islands of the United States Centennial Commission Act
Does 2 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Plaskett sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Plaskett’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3434: To amend titles XVIII and XIX of the Social Security Act to make ...
- H.R. 2053: Resiliency Enhancement Act of 2021
- H.R. 1768: Farm to School Act of 2021
- H.R. 1425: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to repeal the limitation on ...
- H.R. 1428: Territorial Tax Parity Act of 2021
- H.R. 1430: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to cover into the treasury ...
- H.R. 1426: Territorial Economic Recovery Act
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: