Our unique analysis of the bills Lundine sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1986. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Lundine is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Lundine was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 5564 (99th): A bill to amend the National Housing Act to provide for the eligibility of certain property for single family mortgage insurance.
- H.R. 2976 (99th): A bill to direct the Secretary of Agriculture to release the condition requiring that a parcel of land conveyed to New York State be used for public ...
- H.R. 3555 (98th): A bill to declare certain lands held by the Seneca Nation of Indians to be part of the Allegany Reservation in the State of New York.
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Lundine sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Finance and Financial Sector (29%) Economics and Public Finance (17%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (17%) Government Operations and Politics (15%) International Affairs (8%) Crime and Law Enforcement (6%) Housing and Community Development (4%) Commerce (4%)
Some of Lundine’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5564 (99th): A bill to amend the National Housing Act to provide for the ...
- H.Con.Res. 382 (99th): A concurrent resolution expressing the sense of Congress that the Secretary of ...
- H.Con.Res. 377 (99th): A concurrent resolution expressing the sense of Congress that the judicial branch ...
- H.R. 5358 (99th): Drug Eradication Act of 1986
- H.R. 5357 (99th): Emergency Drug Control Judicial Resources Act of 1986
- H.R. 4574 (99th): International Debt, Trade, and Financial Stabilization Act
- H.R. 4507 (99th): Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Mar 1976 to Oct 1986, Lundine missed 823 of 6,021 roll call votes, which is 13.7%. This is much worse than the median of 6.2% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1986. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills