Lundine is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 1986 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Lundine sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 5, 1981 to Oct 18, 1986. See full analysis methodology.
Lundine was the primary sponsor of 4 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 5564 (99th): A bill to amend the National Housing Act to provide for the eligibility of certain property for single family mortgage insurance.
- H.R. 2976 (99th): A bill to direct the Secretary of Agriculture to release the condition requiring that a parcel of land conveyed to New York State be used for public ...
- H.R. 3555 (98th): A bill to declare certain lands held by the Seneca Nation of Indians to be part of the Allegany Reservation in the State of New York.
- H.R. 6865 (96th): West Valley Demonstration Project Act
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Lundine sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Finance and Financial Sector (29%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (17%) Economics and Public Finance (17%) Government Operations and Politics (15%) International Affairs (8%) Crime and Law Enforcement (6%) Commerce (4%) Law (4%)
Some of Lundine’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5564 (99th): A bill to amend the National Housing Act to provide for the ...
- H.Con.Res. 382 (99th): A concurrent resolution expressing the sense of Congress that the Secretary of ...
- H.R. 5357 (99th): Emergency Drug Control Judicial Resources Act of 1986
- H.R. 5358 (99th): Drug Eradication Act of 1986
- H.Con.Res. 377 (99th): A concurrent resolution expressing the sense of Congress that the judicial branch ...
- H.R. 4574 (99th): International Debt, Trade, and Financial Stabilization Act
- H.R. 4507 (99th): Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency Act
From Mar 1976 to Oct 1986, Lundine missed 823 of 6,021 roll call votes, which is 13.7%. This is much worse than the median of 6.2% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1986. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GovInfo.gov, for sponsored bills