Bice is the representative for Oklahoma’s 5th congressional district (view map) and is a Republican. She has served since Jan 3, 2021. Bice is next up for reelection in 2022 and serves until Jan 3, 2023.
Bice is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Bice has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to May 20, 2022. See full analysis methodology.
Stephanie Bice sits on the following committees:
Bice sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Recently Introduced Bills
Bice recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.R. 7738: Security Clearance Portability for Departing Servicemembers Act of 2022
- H.R. 7440: IRS Customer Service and Modernization Act of 2022
- H.R. 7417: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 120 …
- H.R. 7083: Make Russia Pay Act
- H.R. 6436: Workforce and Education Partnership Act of 2022
- H.R. 6178: To prohibit the Department of Defense from discharging or withholding pay or benefits …
- H.R. 6120: SAFE Border Act
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 2021 to May 2022, Bice missed 3 of 681 roll call votes, which is 0.4%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: