Our unique analysis of the bills Herseth Sandlin sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Herseth Sandlin is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Herseth Sandlin sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (17%) Government Operations and Politics (16%) Economics and Public Finance (15%) Health (12%) Housing and Community Development (11%) Agriculture and Food (11%) Native Americans (10%) Education (9%)
Some of Herseth Sandlin’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6339 (111th): Veteran Medic Corpsmen Physician Assistant Demonstration Program Act of 2010
- H.R. 6338 (111th): To amend the Federal Crop Insurance Act to permit certain livestock owners ...
- H.R. 6234 (111th): Comprehensive Long-Term Care Support Act of 2010
- H.R. 6233 (111th): Native American Small Business Assistance and Entrepreneurial Growth Act of 2010
- H.R. 6207 (111th): Rural Flood Mitigation and Recovery Act of 2010
- H.R. 5651 (111th): To designate the Federal building and United States courthouse located at 515 ...
- H.R. 5633 (111th): Consumer Vehicle Choice Act of 2010
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jun 2004 to Dec 2010, Herseth Sandlin missed 105 of 5,066 roll call votes, which is 2.1%. This is better than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. ProPublica has tracked 40 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: