Jones was the representative for Ohio’s 11th congressional district and was a Democrat. She served from 1999 to 2008.
Jones is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2008 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Jones sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Jones was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.R. 4853 (106th): To redesignate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1568 South Glen Road in South Euclid, Ohio, as the “Arnold C. D’Amico Station”.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Jones sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Economics and Public Finance (17%) Government Operations and Politics (16%) Housing and Community Development (13%) Social Welfare (12%) Finance and Financial Sector (12%) Law (11%) Labor and Employment (9%) Taxation (9%)
Some of Jones’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 1131 (110th): Recognizing that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention observes the month ...
- H.Res. 996 (110th): Expressing support for the second annual America Saves Week 2008 from February ...
- H.Res. 993 (110th): Expressing support for the second annual America Saves Week 2008 from February ...
- H.Res. 957 (110th): Expressing support for the second annual America Saves Week 2008 from February ...
- H.Res. 874 (110th): Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the Congressional Philanthropy ...
- H.R. 4328 (110th): Community Economic Development Expertise Enhancement Act of 2007
- H.Res. 827 (110th): Honoring and recognizing the achievements of Carl Stokes, the first African-American mayor ...
|Jones’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.Res. 1298 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 2176) to provide for and approve the settlement of certain ...
Jun 25, 2008. Passed 207/204.
H.R. 6028 (110th): Merida Initiative to Combat Illicit Narcotics and Reduce Organized Crime Authorization Act of 2008
Jun 10, 2008. Passed 311/106.
H.R. 2764 (110th): Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2008
Dec 17, 2007. Passed 206/201.
H.Res. 801 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3688) to implement the United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
Nov 7, 2007. Passed 349/55.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 1999 to Aug 2008, Jones missed 729 of 6,397 roll call votes, which is 11.4%. This is much worse than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Aug 2008. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: