Read our 2018 Report Card for Murphy.
Murphy is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Murphy has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jun 18, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Stephanie Murphy sits on the following committees:
Murphy was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 7243 (115th): To amend Public Law 115-217 to change the address of the postal facility designated by such Public Law in honor of Sergeant First Class Alwyn Crendall Cashe, ...
- H.R. 4840 (115th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 567 East Franklin Street in Oviedo, Florida, as the “Sergeant First Class Alwyn Crendall Cashe ...
- H.R. 2056: Microloan Modernization Act of 2017
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Murphy sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Murphy’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3345: To require preference to be given to applicants for health profession opportunity grants ...
- H.R. 1874: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to require that qualified cash ...
- H.R. 1759: BRIDGE for Workers Act
- H.R. 1696: PACE Act
- H.R. 1205: Keep Congress Working Act
- H.R. 944: Smart Choices Act
- H.R. 7243 (115th): To amend Public Law 115-217 to change the address of the postal ...
From Jan 2017 to Jun 2019, Murphy missed 30 of 1,577 roll call votes, which is 1.9%. This is on par with the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: