Our unique analysis of the bills Buyer sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Buyer is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Buyer was the primary sponsor of 4 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 3407 (111th): Severely Injured Veterans Benefit Improvement Act of 2009
- H.R. 1261 (111th): Youth Prevention and Tobacco Harm Reduction Act
- H.R. 6342 (109th): Veterans Programs Extension Act of 2006
- H.R. 2043 (107th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 2719 South Webster Street in Kokomo, Indiana, as the “Elwood Haynes ‘Bud’ Hillis Post Office ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Buyer sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (38%) Health (13%) Government Operations and Politics (13%) Economics and Public Finance (9%) Science, Technology, Communications (8%) Labor and Employment (7%) Education (7%) Housing and Community Development (6%)
Some of Buyer’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 1726 (111th): Honoring the service and accomplishments of Kingston Smith, Republican Staff Director and ...
- H.R. 6127 (111th): Extension of Health Care Eligibility for Veterans Who Served at Qarmat Ali ...
- H.Res. 1501 (111th): Honoring the Patriot Guard Riders for their steadfast dedication in support of ...
- H.R. 5641 (111th): Heroes at Home Act
- H.R. 4894 (111th): To amend the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act to ensure appropriate ...
- H.R. 4220 (111th): Promoting Jobs for Veterans Act of 2009
- H.R. 4221 (111th): Department of Veterans Affairs Acquisition Improvement Act of 2009
|Buyer’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.R. 2499 (111th): Puerto Rico Democracy Act of 2010
Apr 29, 2010. Passed 223/169.
H.Res. 1284 (110th): Providing for consideration of the Senate amendments to the House amendments to the Senate amendment to the ...
Jun 19, 2008. Passed 342/83.
H.R. 3087 (110th): A bill to require the Secretary of Defense to submit to Congress reports on the status of ...
Oct 2, 2007. Passed 377/46.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 1993 to Dec 2010, Buyer missed 954 of 11,825 roll call votes, which is 8.1%. This is much worse than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: