Our unique analysis of the bills Fincher has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Fincher is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Fincher for more statistics.
Stephen Fincher sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Financial Services
- Member, Subcommittee on Capital Markets and Government Sponsored Enterprises
- Member, Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations
Fincher sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Finance and Financial Sector (31%) Taxation (14%) Health (11%) Housing and Community Development (11%) Armed Forces and National Security (11%) Government Operations and Politics (9%) Agriculture and Food (6%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (6%)
Some of Fincher’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4285: Prevent Terrorism from Entering our Prisons Act of 2015
- H.R. 4252: Foreclosure Relief and Extension for Servicemembers Act of 2015
- H.R. 4189: Stop Funding for Terrorism Act
- H.Res. 450: Providing for the consideration of the bill (H.R. 597) to reauthorize the Export-Import ...
- H.R. 3611: Export-Import Bank Reform and Reauthorization Act of 2015
- H.R. 2998: CLAIM Act
- H.R. 2769: Risk-Based Capital Study Act of 2015
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2011 to Jul 2016, Fincher missed 366 of 3,991 roll call votes, which is 9.2%. This is much worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 34 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: