2015 Report CardRead our 2015 Report Card for Fincher »
Our unique analysis of the bills Fincher has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Fincher is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Stephen Fincher sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Financial Services
- Member, Subcommittee on Capital Markets and Government Sponsored Enterprises
- Member, Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations
Fincher sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Finance and Financial Sector (31%) Taxation (14%) Armed Forces and National Security (11%) Health (11%) Housing and Community Development (11%) Government Operations and Politics (9%) Emergency Management (6%) Agriculture and Food (6%)
Some of Fincher’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4285: Prevent Terrorism from Entering our Prisons Act of 2015
- H.R. 4252: Foreclosure Relief and Extension for Servicemembers Act of 2015
- H.R. 4189: Stop Funding for Terrorism Act
- H.Res. 450: Providing for the consideration of the bill (H.R. 597) to reauthorize the Export-Import ...
- H.R. 3611: Export-Import Bank Reform and Reauthorization Act of 2015
- H.R. 2998: CLAIM Act
- H.R. 2769: Risk-Based Capital Study Act of 2015
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2011 to Apr 2016, Fincher missed 227 of 3,692 roll call votes, which is 6.1%. This is much worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 34 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: