Read our 2018 Report Card for Lynch.
Lynch is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Lynch has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jun 18, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Stephen Lynch sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Oversight and Reform
House Committee on Financial Services
- Member, Subcommittee on National Security, International Development, and Monetary Policy
- Member, Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations
- House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
Lynch was the primary sponsor of 8 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 390: To establish the Adams Memorial Commission to carry out the provisions of Public Law 107-62, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 1037: To authorize the National Emergency Medical Services Memorial Foundation to establish a commemorative work in the District of Columbia and its environs, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 2464 (115th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 25 New Chardon Street Lobby in Boston, Massachusetts, as the “John Fitzgerald Kennedy Post Office”.
- H.R. 2622: Countering Terrorist Financing Act of 2017
- H.R. 1670 (114th): National POW/MIA Remembrance Act of 2015
- H.R. 313 (114th): Wounded Warriors Federal Leave Act of 2015
- H.R. 995 (114th): Veterans Day Moment of Silence Act
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Lynch sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Lynch’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2553: Postal Service Financial Improvement Act of 2019
- H.R. 2152: Pipeline and Compressor Safety Verification Act of 2019
- H.Res. 251: Expressing support for designation of September as “National Brain Aneurysm Awareness Month”.
- H.R. 1201: Climate Change National Security Strategy Act of 2019
- H.R. 1065: Social Media Use in Clearance Investigations Act of 2019
- H.R. 976: Air Traffic Noise and Pollution Expert Consensus Act of 2019
- H.R. 587: To posthumously award the Congressional Gold Medal, collectively, to Glen Doherty, Tyrone Woods, ...
From Oct 2001 to Jun 2019, Lynch missed 460 of 12,279 roll call votes, which is 3.7%. This is worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: