Our unique analysis of the bills Lynch has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Lynch is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Lynch for more statistics.
Stephen Lynch sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Financial Services
- Member, Subcommittee on Capital Markets and Government Sponsored Enterprises
- Member, Subcommittee on Financial Institutions and Consumer Credit
- House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
Lynch sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (27%) Finance and Financial Sector (18%) Crime and Law Enforcement (12%) Armed Forces and National Security (12%) Health (9%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (9%) Housing and Community Development (6%) Law (6%)
Some of Lynch’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5748: To establish the Adams Memorial Commission to carry out the provisions of Public ...
- H.R. 5707: Postal Service Financial Improvement Act of 2016
- H.R. 5603: Kleptocracy Asset Recovery Rewards Act
- H.R. 5602: To amend title 31, United States Code, to authorize the Secretary of the ...
- H.R. 5075: AIM Act of 2016
- H.R. 2986: Justice for Victims of Confidential Informant Crime Act of 2015
- H.R. 2985: Confidential Informant Accountability Act of 2015
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Lynch’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 5461: Iranian Leadership Asset Transparency Act
Sep 21, 2016. Passed.
H.R. 5278: PROMESA
Jun 9, 2016. Passed.
H.R. 2017: Common Sense Nutrition Disclosure Act of 2015
Feb 12, 2016. Passed.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 880: American Research and Competitiveness Act of 2015
May 20, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
From Oct 2001 to Sep 2016, Lynch missed 413 of 10,654 roll call votes, which is 3.9%. This is worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 2 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: