Read our 2018 Report Card for Pearce.
Pearce is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2018 positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Pearce sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2013 to Dec 21, 2018. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Pearce was the primary sponsor of 6 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 6017 (112th): To authorize the Administrator of the Federal Emergency Management Agency to waive the 30-day waiting period for flood insurance policies purchased for private properties affected by wildfire ...
- H.R. 3002 (110th): Native American Economic Development and Infrastructure for Housing Act of 2007
- H.R. 486 (109th): Holloman Air Force Base Land Exchange Act
- H.R. 5842 (109th): Pueblo of Isleta Settlement and Natural Resources Restoration Act of 2006
- H.R. 2720 (109th): Salt Cedar and Russian Olive Control Demonstration Act
- H.R. 2059 (108th): Fort Bayard National Historic Landmark Act
Does 6 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Pearce sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Public Lands and Natural Resources (24%) Armed Forces and National Security (18%) Native Americans (18%) Finance and Financial Sector (13%) International Affairs (11%) Environmental Protection (8%) Energy (8%)
Some of Pearce’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 7075: Native American and Native Hawaiian Cultural Heritage Protection Act of 2018
- H.R. 7074: Grazing Advisory Board Reauthorization Act
- H.R. 6863: Las Cruces Bataan Memorial Clinic Act
- H.R. 6858: To require the Treasury to take a more prominent role in coordinating AML/CFT ...
- H.R. 6365: Treaty of Guadalupe-Hidalgo Land Claims Act of 2018
- H.R. 6345: Ensuring Meaningful Petition Outreach While Enhancing Rights of States Act of 2018
- H.R. 6106: Common Sense Permitting Act
From Jan 2003 to Dec 2018, Pearce missed 329 of 9,656 roll call votes, which is 3.4%. This is on par with the median of 2.5% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2018. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: