Read our 2016 Report Card for Pearce.
Our unique analysis of the bills Pearce has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Pearce is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Stevan “Steve” Pearce sits on the following committees:
Pearce was the primary sponsor of 5 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 3002 (110th): Native American Economic Development and Infrastructure for Housing Act of 2007
- H.R. 486 (109th): Holloman Air Force Base Land Exchange Act
- H.R. 5842 (109th): Pueblo of Isleta Settlement and Natural Resources Restoration Act of 2006
- H.R. 2720 (109th): Salt Cedar and Russian Olive Control Demonstration Act
- H.R. 2059 (108th): Fort Bayard National Historic Landmark Act
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Pearce sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Public Lands and Natural Resources (34%) Native Americans (20%) International Affairs (14%) Finance and Financial Sector (9%) Water Resources Development (6%) Armed Forces and National Security (6%) Labor and Employment (6%) Environmental Protection (6%)
Some of Pearce’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.J.Res. 56: Providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, United States Code, ...
- H.R. 5522 (114th): To amend the Consumer Financial Protection Act of 2010 to require that ...
- H.R. 5469 (114th): To require the Secretary of the Treasury to direct the United States ...
- H.R. 4772 (114th): Justice Before Commerce Act of 2016
- H.Res. 644 (114th): Recognizing the 100th anniversary of the First Aero Squadron’s participation as the ...
- H.Con.Res. 122 (114th): PROTECT Patrimony Resolution
- H.R. 4483 (114th): Gold King Mine Spill Accountability Act of 2016
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Pearce’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed 203/224.
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
S. 365 (112th): Budget Control Act of 2011
Aug 1, 2011. Passed 269/161.
The Budget Control Act of 2011 (Pub.L. 112–25, S. 365, 125 Stat. 240, enacted August 2, 2011) is a federal statute in the United States that was signed into law by President Barack Obama on August 2, 2011. The Act brought conclusion to the United ...
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
From Jan 2003 to Feb 2017, Pearce missed 247 of 8,545 roll call votes, which is 2.9%. This is on par with the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 5 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: