Austria was the representative for Ohio’s 7th congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 2009 to 2012.
Austria is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2013 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Austria sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Austria sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Austria’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 606 (112th): Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives regarding the notice signed ...
- H.Res. 505 (112th): Expressing the sense of sympathy of the House of Representatives to those ...
- H.R. 799 (112th): Colonel Charles Young Home Study Act
- H.R. 369 (112th): Health Savings and Affordability Act of 2011
- H.R. 3610 (111th): Health Savings and Affordability Act of 2009
- H.R. 2315 (111th): To prohibit the use of funds to transfer enemy combatants detained at ...
- H.R. 1892 (111th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
|Austria’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 3521 (112th): Expedited Legislative Line-Item Veto and Rescissions Act of 2012
Feb 8, 2012. Passed 254/173.
H.R. 2608 (112th): Continuing Appropriations Act, 2012
Sep 21, 2011. Failed 195/230.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
H.R. 2997 (111th): Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2010
Jul 9, 2009. Passed 266/160.
From Jan 2009 to Jan 2013, Austria missed 95 of 3,261 roll call votes, which is 2.9%. This is on par with the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Jan 2013. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: