Read our 2019 Report Card for Chabot.
Chabot is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Chabot has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jan 16, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Steve Chabot sits on the following committees:
Chabot was the primary sponsor of 16 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 6758: SUCCESS Act
- H.R. 4743: Small Business 7(a) Lending Oversight Reform Act of 2018
- H.R. 535: Taiwan Travel Act
- H.R. 6477 (114th): Foreign Cultural Exchange Jurisdictional Immunity Clarification Act
- H.R. 558 (114th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 55 South Pioneer Boulevard in Springboro, Ohio, as the “Richard ‘Dick’ Chenault Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 2499 (114th): Veterans Entrepreneurship Act of 2015
- H.R. 3191 (114th): To amend the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 with respect to funding available for fiscal year 2015 for certain general business loans authorized under the ...
Does 16 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Chabot sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Chabot’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5535: Taiwan Envoy Act
- H.R. 4164: Trademark Licensing Protection Act of 2019
- H.R. 3063: Business Activity Tax Simplification Act of 2019
- H.R. 2841: Zero Tolerance for Electronics Theft Act
- H.R. 2229: First Responders Passport Act of 2019
- H.R. 1909: HALOS Act
- H.Res. 248: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the United States One-China ...
From Jan 1995 to Jan 2020, Chabot missed 79 of 15,116 roll call votes, which is 0.5%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: