2015 Report CardRead our 2015 Report Card for Cohen »
Our unique analysis of the bills Cohen has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Cohen is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Steve Cohen sits on the following committees:
- Commission on Security and Cooperation in Europe
- House Committee on the Judiciary
- House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
Cohen sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Crime and Law Enforcement (22%) Finance and Financial Sector (19%) Transportation and Public Works (16%) Government Operations and Politics (13%) Taxation (11%) Education (8%) Labor and Employment (6%) Armed Forces and National Security (6%)
Some of Cohen’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5073: To establish EUREKA Prize Competitions to accelerate discovery and development of disease-modifying, preventive, ...
- H.R. 5010: To amend the Fair Credit Reporting Act to require the inclusion of credit ...
- H.R. 4490: Safe Egress in Air Travel Act of 2016
- H.R. 4410: Fresh Start Act of 2016
- H.R. 4246: National Guard and Reservist Debt Relief Extension Act of 2015
- H.R. 4101: POST Act of 2015
- H.R. 3801: To redesignate the Federal building located at 935 Pennsylvania Avenue Northwest in the ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2007 to Apr 2016, Cohen missed 189 of 7,223 roll call votes, which is 2.6%. This is on par with the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 89 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: