2014 Report CardRead our 2014 Report Card for Cohen »
Our unique analysis of the bills Cohen has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Cohen is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Steve Cohen sits on the following committees:
- Commission on Security and Cooperation in Europe
- House Committee on the Judiciary
- House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
Some of Cohen’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 1674: Private Student Loan Bankruptcy Fairness Act of 2015
- H.R. 1609: Tax Return Preparer Accountability Act of 2015
- H.R. 1538: CARERS Act of 2015
- H.R. 1433: Supermarket Tax Credit for Underserved Areas Act
- H.R. 1282: Horse Transportation Safety Act of 2015
- H.R. 411: Streamlined and Improved Methods at Polling Locations and Early (SIMPLE) Voting Act of ...
- H.R. 366: Putting Our Veterans Back to Work Act of 2015
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2007 to Apr 2015, Cohen missed 165 of 6,502 roll call votes, which is 2.5%. This is worse than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
Recent Legislative Activity
Rep. Cohen [D-TN9]: YeaApr 16, 2015 12:01 p.m.
Rep. Cohen [D-TN9]: YeaApr 16, 2015 11:54 a.m.
Rep. Cohen [D-TN9]: NayApr 16, 2015 11:45 a.m.
Rep. Cohen [D-TN9]: NayApr 15, 2015 5:23 p.m.