2015 Report CardRead our 2015 Report Card for Daines »
Our unique analysis of the bills Daines has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Daines is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Steve Daines sits on the following committees:
Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Member, Subcommittee on Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Department of Defense
- Member, Subcommittee on Department of the Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs
- Member, Subcommittee on Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies
Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Member, Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, Innovation, and the Internet
- Member, Subcommittee on Consumer Protection, Product Safety, Insurance, and Data Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Space, Science, and Competitiveness
- Member, Subcommittee on Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety and Security
- Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
- Senate Committee on Indian Affairs
Daines sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Public Lands and Natural Resources (19%) Armed Forces and National Security (16%) Government Operations and Politics (13%) Taxation (13%) Energy (10%) Education (10%) Native Americans (10%) Water Resources Development (10%)
Some of Daines’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S.Res. 396: A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate that individuals captured by the ...
- S.Res. 369: A resolution affirming the importance of student data privacy and recognizing Digital Learning ...
- S. 2477: Circuit Court of Appeals Restructuring and Modernization Act
- S.Con.Res. 27: A concurrent resolution affirming the importance of religious freedom as a fundamental human ...
- S. 2440: Repeal ID Act of 2016
- S. 2310: A PLUS Act
- S. 2283: Small Business Broadband Deployment Act of 2015
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2015 to Apr 2016, Daines missed 0 of 404 roll call votes, which is 0.0%. This is better than the median of 1.6% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: