Our unique analysis of the bills Daines has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Daines is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Daines for more statistics.
Steve Daines sits on the following committees:
Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Member, Subcommittee on Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Department of Defense
- Member, Subcommittee on Department of the Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs
- Member, Subcommittee on Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies
Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Member, Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, Innovation, and the Internet
- Member, Subcommittee on Consumer Protection, Product Safety, Insurance, and Data Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Space, Science, and Competitiveness
- Member, Subcommittee on Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety and Security
- Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
- Senate Committee on Indian Affairs
Daines sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Public Lands and Natural Resources (19%) Armed Forces and National Security (19%) Energy (14%) Native Americans (11%) Taxation (11%) Government Operations and Politics (11%) Education (8%) Water Resources Development (8%)
Some of Daines’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3192: Alex Diekmann Peak Designation Act of 2016
- S.Res. 514: A resolution designating May 5, 2017, as the “National Day of Awareness for ...
- S. 3014: Tribal Forestry Participation and Protection Act of 2016
- S. 2999: A bill to prohibit the transfer of any individual detained at United States ...
- S. 2938: Certainty for States and Tribes Act
- S. 2928: A bill to require an expedited decision with respect to securing land-based missile ...
- S.Res. 396: A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate that individuals captured by the ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2015 to Jul 2016, Daines missed 0 of 473 roll call votes, which is 0.0%. This is better than the median of 1.7% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: