Read our 2016 Report Card for Daines.
Our unique analysis of the bills Daines has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Daines is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Steve Daines sits on the following committees:
- Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Member, Subcommittee on Department of Defense
- Member, Subcommittee on Department of the Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Financial Services and General Government
- Member, Subcommittee on State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs
- Member, Subcommittee on Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies
- Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
- Senate Committee on Indian Affairs
Daines sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Public Lands and Natural Resources (25%) Government Operations and Politics (15%) Armed Forces and National Security (13%) Energy (13%) Economics and Public Finance (9%) Taxation (9%) Water Resources Development (8%) Education (8%)
Some of Daines’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 975: A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to permanently extend ...
- S. 949: Wildland Firefighter Recognition Act
- S. 950: Wildland Firefighter Fairness Act
- S. 932: BASIC Act
- S. 894: A bill to amend title 40, United States Code, to provide requirements for ...
- S. 887: DHS Multiyear Acquisition Strategy Act of 2017
- S. 886: DHS Acquisition Review Board Act of 2017
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Daines’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 1177: Every Child Achieves Act of 2015
Jul 16, 2015. Bill Passed 81/17.
The Every Child Achieves Act is a bipartisan educational policy reform bill that would expand state responsibility over schools, provide grants to charter schools, and reduce the federal test-based accountability system of the No Child Left Behind Act (NCLB). The bill was referred to the ...
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.R. 4681 (113th): Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2015
Dec 10, 2014. Passed 325/100.
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 3361 (113th): USA FREEDOM Act
May 22, 2014. Passed 303/121.
H.R. 3547 (113th): Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2014
Jan 15, 2014. Passed 359/67.
This is the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2014, the bill that set the federal budget for fiscal year 2014. The bill began as the Space Launch Liability Indemnification Extension Act but was used as the vehicle for the passage of the budget deal. On January ...
H.R. 1947 (113th): Federal Agriculture Reform and Risk Management Act of 2013
Jun 20, 2013. Failed 195/234.
H.R. 41 (113th): Hurricane Sandy relief bill
Jan 4, 2013. Passed 354/67.
From Jan 2015 to Apr 2017, Daines missed 0 of 618 roll call votes, which is 0.0%. This is better than the median of 1.3% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: