Read our 2016 Report Card for Israel.
Israel is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2016 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Israel sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 5, 2011 to Dec 30, 2016. See full analysis methodology.
Israel was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 3917 (108th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 695 Marconi Boulevard in Copiague, New York, as the “Maxine S. Postal United States Post ...
- H.R. 3379 (107th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 375 Carlls Path in Deer Park, New York, as the “Raymond M. Downey Post Office ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Israel sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Health (25%) Taxation (16%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (15%) International Affairs (11%) Education (10%) Crime and Law Enforcement (9%) Government Operations and Politics (9%) Armed Forces and National Security (6%)
Some of Israel’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6398 (114th): To amend the Small Business Act to provide for the inclusion of ...
- H.R. 6332 (114th): National Hate Crimes Hotline Act of 2016
- H.R. 6259 (114th): Protecting Our Kids’ Medicine Act of 2016
- H.R. 6146 (114th): Middle Class Dependent Care Fairness Act of 2016
- H.R. 6084 (114th): Improving Cancer Treatment Education Act of 2016
- H.R. 6083 (114th): Patient Navigation Assistance Act of 2016
- H.R. 6054 (114th): American Parks American Products Act
|Israel’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 5461: Iranian Leadership Asset Transparency Act
Sep 21, 2016. Passed 282/143.
H.R. 308: Keep the Promise Act of 2015
Nov 16, 2015. Failed 263/146.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.Res. 115 (113th): Providing for the expenses of certain committees of the House of Representatives in the One Hundred Thirteenth ...
Mar 19, 2013. Passed 272/136.
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 3523 (112th): Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act
Apr 26, 2012. Passed 248/168.
H.R. 3521 (112th): Expedited Legislative Line-Item Veto and Rescissions Act of 2012
Feb 8, 2012. Passed 254/173.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant legislative change to the U.S. patent system since the ...
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
From Jan 2001 to Dec 2016, Israel missed 291 of 11,097 roll call votes, which is 2.6%. This is on par with the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2016. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: