Kagen, a Democrat, was the representative for Wisconsin’s 8th congressional district from 2007 to 2010.
Kagen is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Kagen sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Kagen was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.R. 2408 (110th): To designate the Department of Veterans Affairs outpatient clinic in Green Bay, Wisconsin, as the “Milo C. Huempfner Department of Veterans Affairs Outpatient Clinic”.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Kagen sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Kagen’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6474 (111th): To direct the Secretary of the Army to cease construction of a ...
- H.R. 6285 (111th): To prohibit the importation into the United States of paper products that ...
- H.Res. 1699 (111th): Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that foreign countries have ...
- H.R. 6039 (111th): Fox-Wisconsin Heritage Parkway National Heritage Area Act of 2010
- H.R. 5520 (111th): Oil Spill Responsibility Act of 2010
- H.R. 4700 (111th): Transparency in All Health Care Pricing Act of 2010
- H.R. 4066 (111th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to make permanent the ...
|Kagen’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.R. 7321 (110th): Auto Industry Financing and Restructuring Act
Dec 10, 2008. Passed 237/170.
H.R. 1424 (110th): Paul Wellstone Mental Health and Addiction Equity Act of 2007
Oct 3, 2008. Passed 263/171.
This is the Senate's October 2008 Economic Stimulus Relief Bill. This bill was originally introduced in March 2007 and passed the House as the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008. In October 2008, it was co-opted as the so-called "vehicle" to pass the relief bill ...
H.Res. 801 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3688) to implement the United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
Nov 7, 2007. Passed 349/55.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 2007 to Dec 2010, Kagen missed 99 of 3,531 roll call votes, which is 2.8%. This is on par with the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. ProPublica has tracked 18 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- @unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills