Read our 2016 Report Card for Knight.
Our unique analysis of the bills Knight has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Knight is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Steve Knight sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Small Business
- House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology
- House Committee on Armed Services
Knight sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Knight’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 516: Supporting the bid of Los Angeles, California, to bring the 2028 Summer Olympic ...
- H.R. 3210: SECRET Act of 2017
- H.R. 3198: FLIGHT R&D Act
- H.R. 3033: Aeronautics Innovation Act
- H.R. 2763: Small Business Innovation Research and Small Business Technology Transfer Improvements Act of 2017
- H.R. 2375: Friendly Airports for Mothers Act of 2017
- H.R. 2333: Small Business Investment Opportunity Act of 2017
|Knight’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.R. 749: Passenger Rail Reform and Investment Act of 2015
Mar 4, 2015. Passed 316/101.
H.R. 23: National Windstorm Impact Reduction Act Reauthorization of 2015
Jan 7, 2015. Passed 381/39.
From Jan 2015 to Oct 2017, Knight missed 28 of 1,893 roll call votes, which is 1.5%. This is on par with the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 5 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: