Read our 2017 Report Card for Knight.
Knight is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Knight has sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Steve Knight sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Small Business
- House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology
- House Committee on Armed Services
Knight sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Commerce (23%) Transportation and Public Works (17%) Water Resources Development (13%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (10%) Health (10%) Science, Technology, Communications (10%) Armed Forces and National Security (10%) Energy (7%)
Some of Knight’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5337: To amend section 3903 of title 31, United States Code, to establish accelerated ...
- H.R. 5307: To require that certain Federal education funds be used for the improvement of ...
- H.R. 5177: Encouraging Veteran Employment Act of 2018
- H.R. 5100: Recovery Home Certification Act of 2018
- H.R. 4376: Department of Energy Research Infrastructure Act of 2018
- H.R. 4254: Women in Aerospace Education Act
- H.Res. 516: Supporting the bid of Los Angeles, California, to bring the 2028 Summer Olympic ...
|Knight’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.R. 749: Passenger Rail Reform and Investment Act of 2015
Mar 4, 2015. Passed 316/101.
H.R. 23: National Windstorm Impact Reduction Act Reauthorization of 2015
Jan 7, 2015. Passed 381/39.
From Jan 2015 to Mar 2018, Knight missed 29 of 2,164 roll call votes, which is 1.3%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: