Our unique analysis of the bills Knight has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Knight is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Knight for more statistics.
Steve Knight sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Armed Services
- House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology
- House Committee on Small Business
Knight sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Knight’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5968: Small Business Investment Opportunity Act of 2016
- H.R. 5638: Solar Fuels Innovation Act
- H.R. 5600: No Hero Left Untreated Act
- H.R. 5466: Aeronautics Innovation Act
- H.R. 5349: Energy Contracting Opportunities Act
- H.R. 5244: Saint Francis Dam Disaster National Memorial Act
- H.R. 4610: To amend the Reclamation Wastewater and Groundwater Study and Facilities Act to authorize ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Knight’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 749: Passenger Rail Reform and Investment Act of 2015
Mar 4, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
H.R. 23: National Windstorm Impact Reduction Act Reauthorization of 2015
Jan 7, 2015. Passed.
From Jan 2015 to Dec 2016, Knight missed 20 of 1,311 roll call votes, which is 1.5%. This is better than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 5 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: