Read our 2017 Report Card for Knight.
Knight is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Knight has sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Steve Knight sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Small Business
- House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology
- House Committee on Armed Services
Knight was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 2333: Small Business Investment Opportunity Act of 2017
- H.R. 3210: Securely Expediting Clearances Through Reporting Transparency Act of 2018
- H.R. 5707: START Act
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Knight sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Commerce (20%) Armed Forces and National Security (17%) Transportation and Public Works (14%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (11%) Water Resources Development (11%) Energy (9%) Science, Technology, Communications (9%) Health (9%)
Some of Knight’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6599: To modify the application of temporary limited appointment regulations to the National Park ...
- H.R. 6440: Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) and Trade in Schools Act
- H.R. 6330: Small Business Runway Extension Act of 2018
- H.R. 6173: To amend section 235 of the William Wilberforce Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act ...
- H.Con.Res. 122: Commemorating the 75th Anniversary of Lockheed Martin Skunk Works and its significant contributions ...
- H.R. 5707: START Act
- H.R. 5610: BEST Act of 2018
|Knight’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 4760: Securing America’s Future Act of 2018
Jun 21, 2018. Failed 193/231.
This bill would make sweeping changes to laws governing legal and illegal immigration. For legal immigration, it would end the diversity program and chain migration by eliminating the visa lottery green card program and green card programs for relatives other than spouses and minor children. ...
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.R. 749: Passenger Rail Reform and Investment Act of 2015
Mar 4, 2015. Passed 316/101.
H.R. 23: National Windstorm Impact Reduction Act Reauthorization of 2015
Jan 7, 2015. Passed 381/39.
From Jan 2015 to Sep 2018, Knight missed 30 of 2,434 roll call votes, which is 1.2%. This is better than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: