Largent, a Republican, was the representative for Oklahoma’s 1st congressional district from 1994 to 2002.
Largent is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2002 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Largent sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Largent sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Largent’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2714 (107th): Date Certain Tax Code Replacement Act
- H.Con.Res. 207 (107th): Recognizing the important contributions of the Youth For Life: Remembering Walter Payton ...
- H.R. 2267 (107th): Domestic Energy Enhancement and Security Act of 2001
- H.R. 4710 (106th): Illegal Pornography Prosecution Act of 2000
- H.R. 4230 (106th): Date Certain Tax Code Replacement Act
- H.R. 4199 (106th): Date Certain Tax Code Replacement Act
- H.R. 2050 (106th): Electric Consumers’ Power To Choose Act of 1999
From Nov 1994 to Feb 2002, Largent missed 298 of 4,292 roll call votes, which is 6.9%. This is much worse than the median of 2.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Feb 2002. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: