Our unique analysis of the bills Russell has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Russell is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Russell for more statistics.
Steve Russell sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Armed Services
House Committee on Education and the Workforce
- Member, Subcommittee on Early Childhood, Elementary, and Secondary Education
- Member, Subcommittee on Workforce Protections
- House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
Russell sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Russell’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6009: Federal Agency Mail Management Act of 2016
- H.R. 5785: To amend title 5, United States Code, to provide for an annuity supplement ...
- H.R. 5384: Federal Register Printing Savings Act of 2016
- H.R. 5270: Efficient Marine Mammal Protection Act
- H.R. 4951: To amend chapter 44 of title 18, United States Code, to allow the ...
- H.R. 4952: Fair Federal Firearms Licensing Act
- H.R. 4917: Free Market Flights Act of 2016
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Russell’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 5607: Enhancing Treasury’s Anti-Terror Tools Act
Jul 11, 2016. Passed.
H.R. 5602: To amend title 31, United States Code, to authorize the Secretary of the Treasury to include all funds when issuing certain geographic targeting orders, and for ...
Jul 11, 2016. Passed.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2596: Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2016
Jun 16, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
H.R. 212: Drinking Water Protection Act
Feb 24, 2015. Passed.
From Jan 2015 to Sep 2016, Russell missed 25 of 1,277 roll call votes, which is 2.0%. This is on par with the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 3 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: