Read our 2016 Report Card for Russell.
Our unique analysis of the bills Russell has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Russell is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Steve Russell sits on the following committees:
Russell was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 5785 (114th): To amend title 5, United States Code, to provide for an annuity supplement for certain air traffic controllers.
- H.R. 3059 (114th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 4500 SE 28th Street, Del City, Oklahoma, as the James Robert Kalsu Post Office Building.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Russell sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Transportation and Public Works (21%) Government Operations and Politics (18%) Agriculture and Food (14%) Education (11%) Armed Forces and National Security (11%) Crime and Law Enforcement (11%) International Affairs (7%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (7%)
Some of Russell’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3790: Federal Firearms Licensee Protection Act
- H.R. 3621: REAPPLY Act of 2017
- H.R. 3062: To require the Administrator of the Federal Aviation Administration to consider the aircraft ...
- H.R. 3023: To amend title 38, United States Code, to eliminate the authority of the ...
- H.R. 3022: To prohibit the awarding of discretionary grants to institutions of higher education that ...
- H.R. 2861: Hire Military Service Members Act
- H.R. 2731: Stop Taxpayer-Funded Alcohol Marketing Act
|Russell’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 5607: Enhancing Treasury’s Anti-Terror Tools Act
Jul 11, 2016. Passed 362/45.
H.R. 5602: To amend title 31, United States Code, to authorize the Secretary of the Treasury to include all funds when issuing certain geographic targeting orders, and for ...
Jul 11, 2016. Passed 356/47.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed 312/119.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
From Jan 2015 to Oct 2017, Russell missed 40 of 1,893 roll call votes, which is 2.1%. This is on par with the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 3 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: