Our unique analysis of the bills Scalise has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Scalise is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Scalise for more statistics.
Steve Scalise sits on the following committees:
Scalise sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Scalise’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6195: Free Speech Fairness Act
- H.R. 6176: Export Control Reform Act
- H.Con.Res. 89: Expressing the sense of Congress that a carbon tax would be detrimental to ...
- H.R. 2557: Promoting New Manufacturing Act
- H.R. 2246: Firearms Interstate Commerce Reform Act
- H.R. 734: Federal Communications Commission Consolidated Reporting Act of 2015
- H.R. 5184 (113th): National Regulatory Budget Act of 2014
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From May 2008 to Sep 2016, Scalise missed 91 of 6,165 roll call votes, which is 1.5%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 6 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: