Our unique analysis of the bills Southerland sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2014. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Southerland is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2014 Report Card for Southerland for more statistics.
Southerland sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Southerland’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5201 (113th): Right to Haul Act of 2014
- H.R. 5078 (113th): Waters of the United States Regulatory Overreach Protection Act of 2014
- H.R. 4988 (113th): Marine Access and State Transparency
- H.R. 4955 (113th): To amend the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States to extend ...
- H.R. 4222 (113th): To correct the boundaries of John H. Chafee Coastal Barrier Resources System ...
- H.R. 3055 (113th): Providing Relief to Individuals Desiring Employment (PRIDE) Act of 2013
- H.R. 2057 (113th): To remove from the John H. Chafee Coastal Barrier Resources System the ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2011 to Dec 2014, Southerland missed 19 of 2,810 roll call votes, which is 0.7%. This is better than the median of 2.5% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2014. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: