Read our 2014 Report Card for Southerland.
Our unique analysis of the bills Southerland sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2014. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Southerland is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Southerland sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Southerland’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5201 (113th): Right to Haul Act of 2014
- H.R. 5078 (113th): Waters of the United States Regulatory Overreach Protection Act of 2014
- H.R. 4988 (113th): Marine Access and State Transparency
- H.R. 4955 (113th): To amend the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States to extend ...
- H.R. 4222 (113th): To correct the boundaries of John H. Chafee Coastal Barrier Resources System ...
- H.R. 3055 (113th): Providing Relief to Individuals Desiring Employment (PRIDE) Act of 2013
- H.R. 2057 (113th): To remove from the John H. Chafee Coastal Barrier Resources System the ...
|Southerland’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
S. 1603 (113th): Gun Lake Trust Land Reaffirmation Act
Sep 16, 2014. Passed 359/64.
S. 365 (112th): Budget Control Act of 2011
Aug 1, 2011. Passed 269/161.
The Budget Control Act of 2011 (Pub.L. 112–25, S. 365, 125 Stat. 240, enacted August 2, 2011) is a federal statute in the United States that was signed into law by President Barack Obama on August 2, 2011. The Act brought conclusion to the United ...
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
From Jan 2011 to Dec 2014, Southerland missed 19 of 2,810 roll call votes, which is 0.7%. This is better than the median of 2.5% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2014. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: