Southerland was the representative for Florida’s 2nd congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 2011 to 2014.
Read our 2014 Report Card for Southerland.
Southerland is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2014 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Southerland sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2009 to Dec 11, 2014. See full analysis methodology.
Southerland sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Southerland’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5201 (113th): Right to Haul Act of 2014
- H.R. 5078 (113th): Waters of the United States Regulatory Overreach Protection Act of 2014
- H.R. 4988 (113th): Marine Access and State Transparency
- H.R. 4955 (113th): To amend the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States to extend ...
- H.R. 4222 (113th): To correct the boundaries of John H. Chafee Coastal Barrier Resources System ...
- H.R. 3055 (113th): Providing Relief to Individuals Desiring Employment (PRIDE) Act of 2013
- H.R. 2057 (113th): To remove from the John H. Chafee Coastal Barrier Resources System the ...
From Jan 2011 to Dec 2014, Southerland missed 19 of 2,810 roll call votes, which is 0.7%. This is better than the median of 2.5% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2014. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: