Read our 2017 Report Card for Stivers.
Stivers is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Stivers has sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Steve Stivers sits on the following committees:
Stivers was the primary sponsor of 5 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 1900: National Veterans Memorial and Museum Act
- H.R. 2948: To amend the S.A.F.E. Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 to provide a temporary license for loan originators transitioning between employers, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 299 (114th): Capital Access for Small Community Financial Institutions Act of 2015
- H.R. 1391 (113th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 25 South Oak Street in London, Ohio, as the “London Fallen Veterans Memorial Post Office”.
- H.R. 4189 (113th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 4000 Leap Road in Hilliard, Ohio, as the “Master Sergeant Shawn T. Hannon, Master Sergeant ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Stivers sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Stivers’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6313: Responsible Additions and Increases to Sustain Employee Health Benefits Act of 2018
- H.R. 5527: Daniel Webster Congressional Clerkship Act of 2018
- H.R. 5340: STRONGER Patents Act of 2018
- H.R. 5272: To provide additional guidance to grantees seeking funding to treat or prevent mental ...
- H.R. 4267: Small Business Credit Availability Act
- H.Res. 573: Calling on the President to work toward equitable, constructive, stable, and durable Armenian-Turkish ...
- H.R. 3625: CFPB-IG Act of 2017
|Stivers’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 1314: Trade Act of 2015
Oct 28, 2015. Passed 266/167.
This vote turned this bill into the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2015, by replacing the text of the bill in whole. H.R. 1314 was previously the Trade Act of 2015.
H.Res. 450: Providing for the consideration of the bill (H.R. 597) to reauthorize the Export-Import Bank of the United States, ...
Oct 27, 2015. Passed 275/154.
H.R. 719: Continuing Appropriations Act, 2016
Sep 30, 2015. Passed 277/151.
This was a vote to agree to the provisions to keep the government funded through December 11, 2015 that the Senate had added in a previous vote. With this vote, the House approved the Senate's changes to the bill, with the government funding provisions, sending ...
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.Con.Res. 105 (113th): Prohibiting the President from deploying or maintaining United States Armed Forces in a sustained combat role in ...
Jul 25, 2014. Passed 370/40.
H.R. 2775 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Act, 2014
Oct 16, 2013. Passed 285/144.
This was the "vehicle" for passage of the bill that ended the government shutdown and raised the debt ceiling. This bill was introduced regarding an unrelated matter. It had been passed by the House. On Oct. 16, the Senate amended the text of the bill, ...
S. 47 (113th): Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act of 2013
Feb 28, 2013. Passed 286/138.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
From Jan 2011 to Sep 2018, Stivers missed 356 of 5,244 roll call votes, which is 6.8%. This is much worse than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: