Stivers was the representative for Ohio’s 15th congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 2011 to 2021.
Read our 2020 Report Card for Stivers.
Stivers is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Stivers has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Jun 17, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Stivers was the primary sponsor of 5 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 1900 (115th): National Veterans Memorial and Museum Act
- H.R. 2948 (115th): To amend the S.A.F.E. Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 to provide a temporary license for loan originators transitioning between employers, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 299 (114th): Capital Access for Small Community Financial Institutions Act of 2015
- H.R. 1391 (113th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 25 South Oak Street in London, Ohio, as the “London Fallen Veterans Memorial Post Office”.
- H.R. 4189 (113th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 4000 Leap Road in Hilliard, Ohio, as the “Master Sergeant Shawn T. Hannon, Master Sergeant ...
Does 5 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Stivers sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Stivers’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2260: To codify the Bill of Rights.
- H.R. 1860: Responsible Additions and Increases To Sustain Employee Health Benefits Act of 2021
- H.R. 1448: Puppies Assisting Wounded Servicemembers for Veterans Therapy Act
- H.R. 902: DEBT Act of 2021
- H.R. 7114 (116th): Economic and Student Loan Debt Relief Act of 2020
- H.R. 6295 (116th): Protecting Our Elderly Residents Act of 2020
- H.R. 6296 (116th): PHA Public Health Flexible Funding Act of 2020
From Jan 2011 to May 2021, Stivers missed 432 of 6,442 roll call votes, which is 6.7%. This is much worse than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in May 2021. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: