Read our 2016 Report Card for Stivers.
Our unique analysis of the bills Stivers has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Stivers is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Steve Stivers sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Rules
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Rules and Organization of the House
House Committee on Financial Services
- Member, Subcommittee on Capital Markets and Government Sponsored Enterprises
- Member, Subcommittee on Housing and Insurance
Stivers was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 1391 (113th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 25 South Oak Street in London, Ohio, as the “London Fallen Veterans Memorial Post Office”.
- H.R. 4189 (113th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 4000 Leap Road in Hilliard, Ohio, as the “Master Sergeant Shawn T. Hannon, Master Sergeant ...
- H.R. 5984 (112th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 25 South Oak Street in London, Ohio, as the “Lance Corporal Joshua B. McDaniels and ...
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Stivers sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Finance and Financial Sector (25%) Armed Forces and National Security (21%) Government Operations and Politics (13%) Health (10%) Housing and Community Development (10%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (10%) Energy (6%) Taxation (6%)
Some of Stivers’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6124: HOMeS Act of 2016
- H.R. 6038: National Veterans Memorial and Museum Act
- H.Res. 794: Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 5485) making appropriations for financial services ...
- H.Res. 781: Electing a Member to certain standing committees of the House of Representatives.
- H.Res. 778: Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 5053) to amend the Internal Revenue ...
- H.R. 5289: Energy Tax Fairness Act of 2016
- H.Res. 687: Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 1206) to prohibit the hiring of ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Stivers’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 1314: Trade Act of 2015
Oct 28, 2015. Passed 266/167.
This vote turned this bill into the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2015, by replacing the text of the bill in whole. H.R. 1314 was previously the Trade Act of 2015.
H.Res. 450: Providing for the consideration of the bill (H.R. 597) to reauthorize the Export-Import Bank of the United States, ...
Oct 27, 2015. Passed 275/154.
H.R. 719: Continuing Appropriations Act, 2016
Sep 30, 2015. Passed 277/151.
This was a vote to agree to the provisions to keep the government funded through December 11, 2015 that the Senate had added in a previous vote. With this vote, the House approved the Senate's changes to the bill, with the government funding provisions, sending ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act ("H.R. 2048". , Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection ...
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.Con.Res. 105 (113th): Prohibiting the President from deploying or maintaining United States Armed Forces in a sustained combat role in ...
Jul 25, 2014. Passed 370/40.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
From Jan 2011 to Jan 2017, Stivers missed 283 of 4,194 roll call votes, which is 6.7%. This is much worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: