Stivers is the representative for Ohio’s 15th congressional district (view map) and is a Republican. He has served since Jan 5, 2011. Stivers is next up for reelection in 2022 and serves until Jan 3, 2023.
Read our 2020 Report Card for Stivers.
Stivers is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Stivers has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Feb 24, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Stivers was the primary sponsor of 5 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 1900 (115th): National Veterans Memorial and Museum Act
- H.R. 2948 (115th): To amend the S.A.F.E. Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 to provide a temporary license for loan originators transitioning between employers, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 299 (114th): Capital Access for Small Community Financial Institutions Act of 2015
- H.R. 1391 (113th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 25 South Oak Street in London, Ohio, as the “London Fallen Veterans Memorial Post Office”.
- H.R. 4189 (113th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 4000 Leap Road in Hilliard, Ohio, as the “Master Sergeant Shawn T. Hannon, Master Sergeant ...
Does 5 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Stivers sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Stivers’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 902: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to expand the exclusion for ...
- H.R. 7114 (116th): Economic and Student Loan Debt Relief Act of 2020
- H.R. 6295 (116th): Protecting Our Elderly Residents Act of 2020
- H.R. 6296 (116th): PHA Public Health Flexible Funding Act of 2020
- H.R. 6265 (116th): Coronavirus Guidance for Financial Institutions Act
- H.R. 5429 (116th): SENIOR CARE Act
- H.R. 5359 (116th): DEBT Act of 2019
From Jan 2011 to Feb 2021, Stivers missed 420 of 6,339 roll call votes, which is 6.6%. This is much worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: