Our unique analysis of the bills Stivers has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Stivers is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Stivers for more statistics.
Steve Stivers sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Rules
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Rules and Organization of the House
House Committee on Financial Services
- Member, Subcommittee on Capital Markets and Government Sponsored Enterprises
- Member, Subcommittee on Housing and Insurance
Stivers sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Finance and Financial Sector (25%) Armed Forces and National Security (21%) Government Operations and Politics (13%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (10%) Health (10%) Housing and Community Development (10%) Energy (6%) Taxation (6%)
Some of Stivers’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6124: HOMeS Act of 2016
- H.R. 6038: National Veterans Memorial and Museum Act
- H.Res. 794: Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 5485) making appropriations for financial services ...
- H.Res. 781: Electing a Member to certain standing committees of the House of Representatives.
- H.Res. 778: Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 5053) to amend the Internal Revenue ...
- H.R. 5289: Energy Tax Fairness Act of 2016
- H.Res. 687: Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 1206) to prohibit the hiring of ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Stivers’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 1314: Trade Act of 2015
Oct 28, 2015. Passed.
H.Res. 450: Providing for the consideration of the bill (H.R. 597) to reauthorize the Export-Import Bank of the United States, ...
Oct 27, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
From Jan 2011 to Sep 2016, Stivers missed 280 of 4,087 roll call votes, which is 6.9%. This is much worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: