Rep. Steven Gunderson
Former Representative from Wisconsin's 3rd District
|Dates||Title / State / District|
Wisconsin's 3rd District
See Also: Bioguide
Gunderson was a rank-and-file Republican according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Gunderson’s time serving in the House of Representatives. Gunderson’s bills had a total of 180 cosponsors in the 104th Congress.
Use this chart to compare Gunderson to other members of the House of Representatives in the 104th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Some of Gunderson’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4302 (104th): Meat, Poultry, and Seafood Inspection Reform Act of 1996
- H.R. 4250 (104th): To amend title XIX of the Social Security Act to permit a ...
- H.R. 4249 (104th): Animal Welfare Act Amendments of 1996
- H.R. 3762 (104th): Dairy and Livestock Producer Protection Act of 1996
- H.R. 3753 (104th): Rural Health Improvement Act of 1996
- H.R. 2939 (104th): Mississippi Interstate Cooperative Resource Agreement Act of 1996
- H.R. 859 (104th): Rural Emergency Access Care Hospital Act of 1995
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1981 to Sep 1996, Gunderson missed 152 of 7,835 roll call votes, which is 1.9%. This is better than the median of 2.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Sep 1996. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills