Read our 2019 Report Card for Horsford.
Horsford is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Horsford has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jan 16, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Steven Horsford sits on the following committees:
Horsford sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Horsford’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5606: Desert National Wildlife Refuge and Nevada Test and Training Range Withdrawal and Management ...
- H.R. 5352: Supporting America’s Teachers Act of 2019
- H.R. 5154: GEO Act of 2019
- H.R. 5009: VET Extension Act of 2019
- H.R. 4836: Break the Cycle of Violence Act
- H.R. 4649: Capping Drug Costs for Seniors Act of 2019
- H.R. 4648: Transparency in Off-Campus Housing Act
From Jan 2013 to Jan 2020, Horsford missed 168 of 1,927 roll call votes, which is 8.7%. This is much worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: