Rep. Steven Kuykendall
Former Representative for California’s 36th District
Kuykendall was the representative for California’s 36th congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 1999 to 2000.
Kuykendall is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2000 positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Kuykendall sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 4, 1995 to Dec 15, 2000. See full analysis methodology.
Kuykendall sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (19%) Transportation and Public Works (15%) Labor and Employment (15%) Taxation (15%) Government Operations and Politics (11%) Law (11%) Sports and Recreation (7%) Economics and Public Finance (7%)
Recently Introduced Bills
Kuykendall recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.Con.Res. 402 (106th): Recognizing the importance of the Selective Service System on the occasion of …
- H.R. 4778 (106th): Victims of Stalkers Equality Act of 2000
- H.Con.Res. 327 (106th): Honoring the service and sacrifice during periods of war by members of …
- H.R. 4258 (106th): Student Loan Forgiveness Act of 2000
- H.R. 4220 (106th): Gun Traffickers Pretrial Threat Assessment Act of 2000
- H.R. 4174 (106th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to exclude from gross …
- H.R. 4173 (106th): To amend title 5, United States Code, to provide that members of …
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 1999 to Dec 2000, Kuykendall missed 46 of 1,214 roll call votes, which is 3.8%. This is on par with the median of 3.0% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2000. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses, major life events, and running for higher office.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: