Our unique analysis of the bills LaTourette sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2013. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). LaTourette is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
LaTourette was the primary sponsor of 15 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 3788 (111th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 3900 Darrow Road in Stow, Ohio, as the “Corporal Joseph A. Tomci Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 6524 (110th): To authorize the Administrator of General Services to take certain actions with respect to parcels of real property located in Eastlake, Ohio, and Koochiching County, Minnesota, and ...
- H.R. 5949 (110th): Clean Boating Act of 2008
- H.R. 5400 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 160 East Washington Street in Chagrin Falls, Ohio, as the “Sgt. Michael M. Kashkoush Post ...
- H.R. 4793 (109th): To make available funds included in the Deficit Reduction Act of 2005 for the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Act of 1981 program for fiscal year 2006, and ...
- H.R. 3300 (108th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 15500 Pearl Road in Strongsville, Ohio, as the “Walter F. Ehrnfelt, Jr. Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 2454 (108th): Economic Development Administration Reauthorization Act of 2003
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
LaTourette sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Foreign Trade and International Finance (34%) Finance and Financial Sector (16%) Government Operations and Politics (16%) Transportation and Public Works (8%) Armed Forces and National Security (8%) Law (8%) Private Legislation (5%) Health (5%)
Some of LaTourette’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4937 (112th): To extend the temporary suspension of duty on mixtures of NN-(3,4-dichloro-phenyl)-N,Ndimethylurea with ...
- H.R. 4939 (112th): To suspend temporarily the duty on Aflux 37.
- H.R. 4943 (112th): To suspend temporarily the duty on mixtures of alkali metal phenate, mineral ...
- H.R. 4941 (112th): To extend the temporary suspension of duty on 2-Oxepanone, polymer with aziridine ...
- H.R. 4940 (112th): To extend the temporary suspension of duty on 1-Octadecanaminium, N,N-dimethyl-N-octadecyl-,(Sp-4-2)- [29H,31H-phthalocyanine-2-sulfonato(3-)-kappaN29,kappaN30, kappaN31, ...
- H.R. 4938 (112th): To extend the temporary suspension of duty on mixtures of caprolactam disulfide ...
- H.R. 4934 (112th): To extend the temporary suspension of duty on 4,8-Dicyclohexyl -6-2,10-dimethyl -12H-dibenzo[d,g][1,3,2]- dioxaphosphocin.
From Jan 1995 to Jan 2013, LaTourette missed 427 of 12,309 roll call votes, which is 3.5%. This is worse than the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Jan 2013. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: