Our unique analysis of the bills LaTourette sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2013. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). LaTourette is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
LaTourette was the primary sponsor of 11 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 3788 (111th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 3900 Darrow Road in Stow, Ohio, as the “Corporal Joseph A. Tomci Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 6524 (110th): To authorize the Administrator of General Services to take certain actions with respect to parcels of real property located in Eastlake, Ohio, and Koochiching County, Minnesota, and ...
- H.R. 5949 (110th): Clean Boating Act of 2008
- H.R. 5400 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 160 East Washington Street in Chagrin Falls, Ohio, as the “Sgt. Michael M. Kashkoush Post ...
- H.R. 3300 (108th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 15500 Pearl Road in Strongsville, Ohio, as the “Walter F. Ehrnfelt, Jr. Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 4315 (106th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 3695 Green Road in Beachwood, Ohio, as the “Larry Small Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 1481 (105th): Great Lakes Fish and Wildlife Restoration Act of 1998
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
LaTourette sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Foreign Trade and International Finance (34%) Finance and Financial Sector (16%) Government Operations and Politics (16%) Transportation and Public Works (8%) Armed Forces and National Security (8%) Law (8%) Sports and Recreation (5%) Private Legislation (5%)
Some of LaTourette’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4937 (112th): To extend the temporary suspension of duty on mixtures of NN-(3,4-dichloro-phenyl)-N,Ndimethylurea with ...
- H.R. 4939 (112th): To suspend temporarily the duty on Aflux 37.
- H.R. 4943 (112th): To suspend temporarily the duty on mixtures of alkali metal phenate, mineral ...
- H.R. 4941 (112th): To extend the temporary suspension of duty on 2-Oxepanone, polymer with aziridine ...
- H.R. 4940 (112th): To extend the temporary suspension of duty on 1-Octadecanaminium, N,N-dimethyl-N-octadecyl-,(Sp-4-2)- [29H,31H-phthalocyanine-2-sulfonato(3-)-kappaN29,kappaN30, kappaN31, ...
- H.R. 4938 (112th): To extend the temporary suspension of duty on mixtures of caprolactam disulfide ...
- H.R. 4934 (112th): To extend the temporary suspension of duty on 4,8-Dicyclohexyl -6-2,10-dimethyl -12H-dibenzo[d,g][1,3,2]- dioxaphosphocin.
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|LaTourette’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 2362 (112th): Indian Tribal Trade and Investment Demonstration Project Act of 2011
Jul 23, 2012. Failed 222/160.
H.R. 3080 (112th): United States-Korea Free Trade Agreement Implementation Act
Oct 12, 2011. Passed 278/151.
S. 365 (112th): Budget Control Act of 2011
Aug 1, 2011. Passed 269/161.
The Budget Control Act of 2011 (Pub.L. 112–25, S. 365, 125 Stat. 240, enacted August 2, 2011) is a federal statute in the United States that was signed into law by President Barack Obama on August 2, 2011. The Act brought conclusion to the United ...
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.Res. 915 (111th): Encouraging the Republic of Hungary to respect the rule of law, treat foreign investors fairly, and promote ...
Dec 8, 2009. Passed 333/74.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 1995 to Jan 2013, LaTourette missed 427 of 12,309 roll call votes, which is 3.5%. This is worse than the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Jan 2013. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: