Read our 2016 Report Card for Palazzo.
Our unique analysis of the bills Palazzo has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Palazzo is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Steven Palazzo sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Appropriations
- Member, Subcommittee on Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Legislative Branch
Palazzo was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Palazzo sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Palazzo’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.J.Res. 21: Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to limit Congress’ ...
- H.J.Res. 17: Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to limit the ...
- H.R. 4816: Small Public Housing Agency Opportunity Act of 2016
- H.R. 4655: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide for a minimum ...
- H.Res. 582: Condemning and censuring President Barack Obama.
- H.R. 4119: Gulf Islands National Seashore Land Exchange Act of 2016
- H.R. 4030: To amend the Immigration and Nationality Act to provide that refugees may not ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Palazzo’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 4889: Kelsey Smith Act
May 23, 2016. Failed 229/158.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act ("H.R. 2048". , Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection ...
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
S. 1603 (113th): Gun Lake Trust Land Reaffirmation Act
Sep 16, 2014. Passed 359/64.
H.R. 2362 (112th): Indian Tribal Trade and Investment Demonstration Project Act of 2011
Jul 23, 2012. Failed 222/160.
H.R. 3521 (112th): Expedited Legislative Line-Item Veto and Rescissions Act of 2012
Feb 8, 2012. Passed 254/173.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
From Jan 2011 to Jan 2017, Palazzo missed 152 of 4,194 roll call votes, which is 3.6%. This is worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 6 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: