Our unique analysis of the bills Palazzo has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Palazzo is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Palazzo for more statistics.
Steven Palazzo sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Appropriations
- Member, Subcommittee on Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Legislative Branch
Palazzo sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Palazzo’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4816: Small Public Housing Agency Opportunity Act of 2016
- H.R. 4655: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide for a minimum ...
- H.Res. 582: Condemning and censuring President Barack Obama.
- H.R. 4119: Gulf Islands National Seashore Land Exchange Act of 2016
- H.R. 4030: To amend the Immigration and Nationality Act to provide that refugees may not ...
- H.R. 2039: National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act for 2016 and 2017
- H.R. 1546: Emergency Information Improvement Act of 2015
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Palazzo’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 5798: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1101 Davis Street in Evanston, Illinois, as the “Abner J. Mikva Post Office Building”.
Sep 22, 2016. Passed.
S. 1252: Global Food Security Act of 2016
Jul 6, 2016. Passed.
H.R. 4889: Kelsey Smith Act
May 23, 2016. Failed.
H.Res. 450: Providing for the consideration of the bill (H.R. 597) to reauthorize the Export-Import Bank of the United States, ...
Oct 27, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
From Jan 2011 to Dec 2016, Palazzo missed 152 of 4,113 roll call votes, which is 3.7%. This is worse than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 6 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: