Our unique analysis of the bills Rothman sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2013. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Rothman is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Rothman was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 789 (112th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 20 Main Street in Little Ferry, New Jersey, as the “Sergeant Matthew J. Fenton Post ...
- H.R. 5133 (111th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 331 1st Street in Carlstadt, New Jersey, as the “Staff Sergeant Frank T. Carvill and ...
- H.R. 3939 (108th): To redesignate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 14-24 Abbott Road in Fair Lawn, New Jersey, as the “Mary Ann Collura Post Office ...
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Rothman sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (18%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (18%) Health (15%) Education (12%) Sports and Recreation (12%) Emergency Management (9%) Crime and Law Enforcement (9%) International Affairs (9%)
Some of Rothman’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 771 (112th): Expressing support for the designation of February 14th as National Solidarity Day ...
- H.R. 5848 (112th): Juror Non-Discrimination Act of 2012
- H.R. 5493 (112th): To renew the temporary suspension of duty on certain artificial filament single ...
- H.R. 5491 (112th): To renew the temporary suspension of duty on certain viscose rayon yarn.
- H.R. 5492 (112th): To renew the temporary suspension of duty on certain twisted yarn of ...
- H.R. 5302 (112th): To extend the temporary suspension of duty on certain artificial filament single ...
- H.R. 5300 (112th): To extend the temporary suspension of duty on certain single yarns of ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Rothman’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 3080 (112th): United States-Korea Free Trade Agreement Implementation Act
Oct 12, 2011. Passed 278/151.
S. 365 (112th): Budget Control Act of 2011
Aug 1, 2011. Passed 269/161.
The Budget Control Act of 2011 (Pub.L. 112–25, S. 365, 125 Stat. 240, enacted August 2, 2011) is a federal statute in the United States that was signed into law by President Barack Obama on August 2, 2011. The Act brought conclusion to the United ...
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.R. 3087 (110th): A bill to require the Secretary of Defense to submit to Congress reports on the status of ...
Oct 2, 2007. Passed 377/46.
H.R. 1908 (110th): Patent Reform Act of 2007
Sep 7, 2007. Passed 220/175.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 1997 to Jan 2013, Rothman missed 529 of 10,969 roll call votes, which is 4.8%. This is worse than the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Jan 2013. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: