Sen. Steven Symms
Former Senator from Idaho
|Dates||Title / State / District|
Idaho's 1st District
See Also: Bioguide
Symms was a far-right Republican according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Symms’s time serving in the Senate. Symms’s bills had a total of 325 cosponsors in the 102nd Congress.
Use this chart to compare Symms to other members of the Senate in the 102nd Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Some of Symms’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3364 (102nd): A bill to amend certain provisions of law relating to establishment, in ...
- S.Con.Res. 139 (102nd): A concurrent resolution to authorize a correction in the enrollment of H.R. ...
- S. 3159 (102nd): Progressive Endangered Species Act of 1992
- S. 3077 (102nd): A bill to provide for the duty-free liquidation or reliquidation of, and ...
- S. 2655 (102nd): A bill to extend until January 1, 1995, the existing suspension of ...
- S.Con.Res. 110 (102nd): A concurrent resolution to authorize the construction of a monument on the ...
- S. 2326 (102nd): No Net Loss of Private Lands Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1981 to Oct 1992, Symms missed 236 of 4,343 roll call votes, which is 5.4%. This is worse than the median of 4.4% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Oct 1992. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills