Our unique analysis of the bills Myrick sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2013. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Myrick is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Myrick was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 2780 (106th): Kristen’s Act
- H.R. 4386 (106th): Breast and Cervical Cancer Prevention and Treatment Act of 2000
- H.R. 2773 (104th): To extend the deadline under the Federal Power Act applicable to the construction of 2 hydroelectric projects in North Carolina, and for other purposes.
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Myrick sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Myrick’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6264 (112th): GSA Path to Privatization Act
- H.R. 5254 (112th): To suspend temporarily the duty on Efka 6225.
- H.R. 4588 (112th): To extend the suspension of duty on Reactive Black 005.
- H.R. 4595 (112th): To extend the suspension of duty on Glyoxylic Acid.
- H.R. 4583 (112th): To extend the suspension of duty on staple fibers of viscose rayon, ...
- H.R. 4590 (112th): To suspend temporarily the duty on certain window shade material.
- H.R. 4600 (112th): To suspend temporarily the duty on Ammonium polyacryloyldimethyl taurate.
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Myrick’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 3080 (112th): United States-Korea Free Trade Agreement Implementation Act
Oct 12, 2011. Passed 278/151.
S. 365 (112th): Budget Control Act of 2011
Aug 1, 2011. Passed 269/161.
The Budget Control Act of 2011 (Pub.L. 112–25, S. 365, 125 Stat. 240, enacted August 2, 2011) is a federal statute in the United States that was signed into law by President Barack Obama on August 2, 2011. The Act brought conclusion to the United ...
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.Res. 1184 (111th): Congratulating the 2009-2010 University of Maryland Men’s Basketball Team, Greivis Vasquez, and Coach Gary Williams on an ...
Mar 17, 2010. Passed 279/132.
H.R. 3246 (110th): Regional Economic and Infrastructure Development Act of 2007
Oct 4, 2007. Passed 264/154.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 1995 to Jan 2013, Myrick missed 604 of 12,309 roll call votes, which is 4.9%. This is much worse than the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Jan 2013. ProPublica has tracked 223 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: