Read our 2016 Report Card for Brooks.
Our unique analysis of the bills Brooks has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Brooks is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Susan Brooks sits on the following committees:
Brooks was the primary sponsor of 8 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 5509 (114th): To name the Department of Veterans Affairs temporary lodging facility in Indianapolis, Indiana, as the “Dr. Otis Bowen Veteran House”.
- H.R. 623 (114th): DHS Social Media Improvement Act of 2015
- H.R. 3681 (114th): Improving Access to Emergency Psychiatric Care Act
- H.R. 3242 (114th): Child Nicotine Poisoning Prevention Act of 2015
- H.R. 2805 (114th): Heroin and Prescription Opioid Abuse Prevention, Education, and Enforcement Act of 2015
- H.R. 4275 (113th): Cooperative and Small Employer Charity Pension Flexibility Act
- H.R. 3106 (113th): Alicia Dawn Koehl Respect for National Cemeteries Act
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Brooks sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Brooks’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3558: Improve Access to Care for Our Female Veterans Act
- H.R. 2228: Law Enforcement Mental Health and Wellness Act of 2017
- H.R. 1973: Protecting Young Victims from Sexual Abuse Act of 2017
- H.Res. 249: Honoring the life and legacy of the first woman to serve in the ...
- H.R. 1733: To direct the Secretary of Energy to review and update a report on ...
- H.R. 1394: To amend title XIX of the Social Security Act to provide States with ...
- H.R. 1104: Veterans TEST Accessibility Act
|Brooks’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.Con.Res. 105 (113th): Prohibiting the President from deploying or maintaining United States Armed Forces in a sustained combat role in ...
Jul 25, 2014. Passed 370/40.
From Jan 2013 to Jul 2017, Brooks missed 23 of 2,967 roll call votes, which is 0.8%. This is better than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: