2014 Report CardRead our 2014 Report Card for Collins »
Our unique analysis of the bills Collins has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Collins is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Susan Collins sits on the following committees:
- Chairman, Senate Special Committee on Aging
Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Transportation and Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Department of Defense
- Member, Subcommittee on Energy and Water Development
- Member, Subcommittee on Military Construction and Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies
Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
- Member, Subcommittee on Primary Health and Retirement Security
- Senate Select Committee on Intelligence
Some of Collins’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 616: A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide recruitment ...
- S. 578: A bill to amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act to ensure ...
- S.Res. 91: A resolution designating March 2, 2015, as “Read Across America Day”.
- S.Res. 86: A resolution recognizing March 3, 2015, as the centennial of the Navy Reserve.
- S. 540: A bill to amend the Richard B. Russell National School Lunch Act to ...
- S. 534: Immigration Rule of Law Act of 2015
- S. 523: A bill to coordinate the provision of energy retrofitting assistance to schools.
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1997 to Mar 2015, Collins missed 0 of 5,798 roll call votes, which is 0.0%. This is better than the median of 1.6% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
Recent Legislative Activity
Cloture Motion Rejected 47/43
Sen. Collins [R-ME]: YeaMar 2, 2015 5:30 p.m.
Cloture on the Motion to Proceed Rejected 57/42
Sen. Collins [R-ME]: YeaFeb 27, 2015 11:29 a.m.
Bill Passed 68/31
Sen. Collins [R-ME]: YeaFeb 27, 2015 11:10 a.m.
Amendment Agreed to 66/33
Sen. Collins [R-ME]: YeaFeb 27, 2015 10:52 a.m.