Our unique analysis of the bills Davis has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Davis is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Davis for more statistics.
Susan Davis sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Armed Services
House Committee on Education and the Workforce
- Member, Subcommittee on Early Childhood, Elementary, and Secondary Education
- Member, Subcommittee on Higher Education and Workforce Training
Davis sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Davis’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6236: Innovations to Recruit and Retain Excellent Teachers Act
- H.Res. 894: Expressing support for designation of October 2016 as “National Principals Month”.
- H.R. 5948: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 830 ...
- H.R. 5641: Equity in Career and Technical Education Act of 2016
- H.R. 5061: Empowering Educators to Prevent Trafficking Act
- H.R. 3925: Recruiting and Retaining Effective School Leaders Act
- H.R. 3786: Student Loan Fair Prepayment Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Davis’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 4974: Military Construction and Veterans Affairs and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2017
May 19, 2016. Passed.
H.R. 4909: National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2017
May 18, 2016. Passed.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2596: Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2016
Jun 16, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 1735: National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2016
May 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
From Jan 2001 to Sep 2016, Davis missed 162 of 11,049 roll call votes, which is 1.5%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 58 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: