Read our 2020 Report Card for Davis.
Davis is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2020 positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Davis sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Dec 28, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Davis was the primary sponsor of 4 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 7512 (116th): COMMS Act
- H.R. 5948 (114th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 830 Kuhn Drive in Chula Vista, California, as the “Jonathan ‘J.D.’ De Guzman Post Office …
- H.R. 1820 (111th): To redesignate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 2777 Logan Avenue in San Diego, California, as the “Cesar E. Chavez Post Office”.
- H.R. 1119 (110th): Purple Heart Family Equity Act of 2007
Does 4 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Davis sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Education (38%) Government Operations and Politics (18%) Armed Forces and National Security (12%) Labor and Employment (8%) Law (8%) Agriculture and Food (8%) Private Legislation (5%) Crime and Law Enforcement (5%)
Recently Introduced Bills
Davis recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.R. 8534 (116th): Military Dependents School Meal Eligibility Act of 2020
- H.R. 8294 (116th): National Apprenticeship Act of 2020
- H.R. 7512 (116th): COMMS Act
- H.Res. 787 (116th): Recognizing January 2020 as “National Mentoring Month”, and for other purposes.
- H.Res. 661 (116th): Authorizing the Office of General Counsel of the House of Representatives to …
- H.R. 4312 (116th): Reserve and Guard GI Bill Housing Fairness Act
- H.Res. 511 (116th): Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the Department of …
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 2001 to Dec 2020, Davis missed 208 of 13,261 roll call votes, which is 1.6%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2020. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: