Wild is the representative for Pennsylvania’s 7th congressional district (view map) and is a Democrat. She has served since Jan 3, 2019. Wild is next up for reelection in 2024 and serves until Jan 3, 2025. She is 65 years old.
She was previously the representative for Pennsylvania’s 15th congressional district as a Democrat from 2018 to 2018.
Wild is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Wild has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2019 to Feb 2, 2023. See full analysis methodology.
Wild was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 1667 (117th): Dr. Lorna Breen Health Care Provider Protection Act
- H.R. 4588 (117th): Regional Innovation Act of 2021
Does 2 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Wild sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Recently Introduced Bills
Wild recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.R. 826: To establish a National Resilience Center of Excellence in the Department of Commerce, …
- H.R. 9604 (117th): Expanding Disability Access to Higher Education Act
- H.R. 8700 (117th): Simplifying Student Loans Act
- H.R. 8680 (117th): Greater Mental Health Access Act
- H.R. 8520 (117th): Countering Untrusted Telecommunications Abroad Act
- H.R. 7859 (117th): PREP for All Students Act of 2022
- H.R. 7284 (117th): Informed Savers Act
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Nov 2018 to Dec 2022, Wild missed 30 of 2,031 roll call votes, which is 1.5%. This is on par with the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses, major life events, and running for higher office.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: